Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wish Upon a Star

Hi Everyone! It's release day! Hooray! Starlight Starbright and Wonderful Wishes are available at the Verve Store for $10 each.
You can add a 1/4 sheet of EZ Mount cushion for just $1 more. And if you weren't able to get Winter Wonder & Seasonal Circles before they sold out last month, we have limited quantities back in stock.

Also, we're having a Veteran's Day Sale and we've got tons of products on sale this weekend! Check out the SALE page for a list of all the groovy deals and steals. Sale prices are in effect Saturday, November 10 - Monday, Novemer 12. Please note that Monday is a postal holiday, so all orders placed from now through Monday will ship starting Tuesday, November 13.

Okay, on to the FUN stuff! We had two FABULOUS guest stampers this month, and I can't wait to show you the awesome projects they came up with. So, so cool! For recipe information for these projects, please visit the Verve Guest Designer Gallery.

First off, is Susan Liles of Susiestampalot who worked up some samples with Starlight Starbright. Aren't they spectacular? The wreath is made from the two stars in the set and it just blew me away! And how perfect to use the set to show off her little star! I asked Susan a few questions about her stamping style and here's what she had to say...

How long have you been stamping?
Not really that long! I was introduced to it at an SU party about 8 years ago and thought it was crazy to marker in a rubber stamp for the different colors and it just looked so time consuming!! I made the obligatory purchase of a stamp set and ink (a 4th of July set at that--how dumb!). But then I was invited to another SU party only about 5 years ago, that had an incredible demo, and I was hooked from that point on!!

What types of projects are your favorites to create?
I look for ways to alter just about anything, but my first love is cards.
How would you describe your stamping style? Clean and neat. I like to break out of my little box every now and then, but I don't like the end result as much!

What is your favorite color combination?
I know it's been SO done, but I really still love Pink and Brown or Pink and Green! Pink is my all time favorite color (the color of princesses!)

What is your favorite stamping technique?
I like just straight direct to paper. I wouldn't say I am a technique junkie. I am just getting into heat embossing, and it's fun, too, just messy for me for some reason!

What do you love most about paper crafting?
I have always loved all kinds of crafts. I started sewing when I was 6, then I did a lot of painting, moved on to scrapbooking (which I still LOVE--especially going on retreats), and now anything papercrafting related is greatness!! I enjoy it so much because it's relaxing, you can start and finish a project in one sitting (a big plus for me with 3 girls!) and it makes others happy when they receive a handmade item from me! The possibilities are endless (and the shopping is so fun)!!!

The second fabulous guest designer I get to announce is Cindy Keery of Imagine. Dream. Create. I love Cindy's unique style and her use of my new favorite tool - Nestabilities dies! Her projects with Wonderful Wishes are impeccable. I asked her the same questions about her stamping style and here's what she chimed in...

How long have you been stamping? 13 years

What types of projects are your favorites to create? Cards

How would you describe your stamping style?
I enjoy creating cards that are simple, pretty and fun.

What is your favorite color combination?
Chocolate brown and light pink.

What is your favorite stamping technique? I love to stamp images, watercolor them and cut them out. I am also in love with my Cuttlebug both for die cutting and embossing. My latest purchase is a collection of nestabilities and I've been having *so* much fun using them with my Cuttlebug!

What do you love most about paper crafting? I love the creativity of it all and the lasting friendships. It's great getting together with friends to do something you all have a passion for!