Friday, November 9, 2007

Tomorrow!

"The stamps'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!"

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. And I've never even seen Annie. (I know, I know. How could you not have seen Annie?) But really, the stamps DO come out tomorrow! So this is your last sneak peek.

Here, I paired up one of the great sentiments from Starlight Starbright with a few of the "doodads" also included in the set. The star is a chipboard element from Basic Grey. I inked the sides with Red Brick ink (Versamagic).

To cover the chipboard: lay the star down on your choice of background paper and trace with a pencil. Cut out just inside your pencil lines. Glue the paper to the star and sand off the edges. I used a nail file, because I still haven't gotten a Basic Grey Precision file set yet. I wanted a little more definition, so I inked the top edges in Onyx Black (Versafine) by simply rubbing the chipboard along the stamp pad.

The two other background papers also got the Onyx Black edge treatment.

The sentiment is visually connected to the star element with that little dotted line (from Thoughtful Phrases). That way it's not just floating among the polka dots. Lastly, I accented with those little "doodads" I told you about. The swirly star in the corners and the little individual stars on the bottom are a few of the extras you'll love in Starlight Starbright.

Ingredients:
Stamps: Starlight Starbright and Thoughtful Phrases (Verve Visual)
Paper: Sunday Brunch (Arctic Frog); Ruby Red (Stampin' Up!); Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Red Brick (VersaMagic); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Chipboard Elements (Basic Grey); Ribbon (May Arts); Pop Dots (All Night Media)

Now, don't forget, the stamps come out "TOMORROW"! But how could you forget, after that stirring rendition of your favorite Annie song?