Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Couple of Gift Items

Ever looking for a unique, handmade gift for someone? Why not try a journal!? I made this little journal out of 4x4 coasters using my Bind It All. The coasters were covered with the Echo paper from Memory Box. I stamped some of the stars and swirls from Starlight Starbright in white craft ink. I made a shaker box to add to the cover of the journal. The paper inside was stamped with yellow and white stars and then I added star sequins, star jewels and glitter inside the shaker. The binding was super simple with my Bind It All (you can get the coils in the Verve Store). Add as many pages as you like inside the journal. I just cut those to 3.5x3.5 and rounded the corners. Ribbon and the sentiment were added for the finishing touches. I was going to give this as a gift, but I may just keep it for myself! :)

The second little gift item I have for you is a magnetic paperclip! You can stick this on your fridge to hold your "to do" list or your inspirational quote for the day! This was made using the Stampin' Up Small Tag punch. I punched the tag out of the Echo paper and folded the tags to form the "flower" and attached it to a jumbo paperclip. Finally, add a magnet to the back! If you just want to use it as a paperclip or bookmark, don't use a magnet.

I hope I've given you some gift ideas for the coming holiday season! Hope you are LOVING your Verve Visual stamps. . .I know I am! Be sure and check back this week for more ideas from the Verve Visual Design Team!
SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Starlight Starbright (Verve Visual); Paper- Echo (Memory Box), black, purple (DCWV); Ink- Thatched Straw, Perfect Hydrangea (VersaMagic), Craft White, Basic Black (Stampin' Up); Accessories- Dazzling Diamonds glitter, large oval punch (Stampin' Up), Bind It All, sequins, jewels, jumbo paper clip (Walmart), ribbon (May Arts, Darice).