Wednesday, November 7, 2007

You're A Rockstar!

I just got the biggest kick out of this sentiment the first time that I saw it in Verve's new Starlight Starbright set that is being released on Saturday!!


While first this card hardly displays what this set is all about, it is the epitome of what I thought of when I saw "You're a Rockstar." I have had the bling-y charm in my stash for quite sometime now. I think that I probably picked it up at Wal-Mart or Michael's...sorry that my "rememberer" is on the fritz about where it was purchased. The ribbon is black organdy from SU!. The Verve Store carries a similar ribbon that is lined in gold. I am a matchy-matchy person, so I just couldn't live with a silver charm and gold on my ribbon.
The next card also features the Starlight Starbright set. I really like the images that Julee paired with these fabulous sentiments. The top and bottom panels show one of the (as I call it) swirls and stars images. I think that you could go really Western with this set, or very elegant. Although I haven't done it yet, I would like to make some stationary that is bordered with this star and swirl image. Not only does this card have great stamps on it, but the Crate Paper is so yummy. It took a lot out of me to use it and not put it into the pile that should be labeled "Hoarding for later use...or maybe not."