Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Birthday Wishes!

Do you know what makes me REALLY love a set of stamps? If they are versatile enough to be used for something other than the obvious. This set, Starlight Starbright, is exactly that!

I think I have a new-found love in the stamping world...STARS! I created this card with a younger person in mind, and purposely didn't embellish it too much so that it could be personalized for a boy OR girl. I adore the sentiment "Superstar, yes that's what you are!" (although I did get Madonna's Vogue song stuck in my head while creating it. Shhhh, don't tell!).

I used the larger star, and small swirl star images to make my own PP, then stamped and cut out the "balloons" and used a small star to make the streamers. I originally intended to stamp the sentiment directly over the streamers, but changed my mind and stamped it on a separate piece of white CS and adhered it on top. The middle "balloon" is raised on pop dots and sticks over the top for added interest. Some paper piercing, a few layers of ribbon and it's done!

Colors could easily be changed as could the sentiment to suit the occasion. I think this particular card will become a staple in my card repertoire! Just think, 25th anniversary, kid's birthday, cheer up, happy graduation, etc., etc.

I'm sure you will love this Starlight Starbright set as much as I do, maybe even more! I love finding alternative uses for specific stamps, don't you?