Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Project Parade--Day 5!

Hi everyone, it's me, Susan! I'm so excited to share my Anything But a Card Project Parade creation with you today! Ever since I saw THIS Accordian Tag that Sharon Johnson of No Time to Stamp? made, I kept going back to look at it over and over again just to stare at it in awe (and wondering just when the heck I would have time to make one for myself!). I just love it!
So I knew this assignment would be the perfect "excuse" to sit down and create one to add to my family's Christmas decor this year. I did take Sharon's advice and picked a shorter phrase (LOL--wink!), but her instructions were super easy to follow and pare down for my needs.
I used both of the new snow related sets from Verve called Snow Wonderful and Snowflake Splendor and even pulled out an old favorite of mine (one of my first Verve sets, as a matter of fact, and still a favorite), Polka Stars (makes me want to dance).
I kept adding and embellishing until I found a "happy stopping point" and I am just pleased as punch over how it turned out! I truly hope you get a chance to play with us in our challenge...I had been craving a "project" to work on as opposed to a card and this totally fit the bill!

Wanna play along? All you have to do is create Anything but a Card and link up your creation to THIS POST by noon on Friday, December 5th. You don’t have to use Verve Stamps, but if you have them, why not give them some love? If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword VVPP08 so we don’t miss your eye candy! A random participant will be drawn on December 6th to receive $15 in Verve Bucks to spend at the Verve Stamps store! Good luck and have fun!