Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm Seeing Stars!

I just couldn't stop making cards when Julee sent me the five new Verve stamps sets that are debuting in a few days (1/10). Seriously. Do I look like I'm pulling your leg? Do I look like I'm trying to hold back a smirk saying that? I can assure you, my statement is 100% TRUE, I'm not pulling your leg, nor am I smirking whatsoever! These stamps are SOOOOOOO cool.

I'm pretty much at the tail end of the big sneak peek period here on the Verve Visual blog, so I'm guessing you know pretty much everything a girl could possibly want to know about all these sets, don't you? I know you've heard that all five stamps sets are made from clear photopolymer, and that each and every one stamps amazingly clear and sharp. I also know that you heard there are 3 star sets (Polka Star, Seeing Stars, Swirly Stars) and 2 heart sets (Wild Thing and Heart to Heart). I'm not sure there's much more to tell you other than you will love these new stamp sets!

For the card I'm sharing with you today, I wanted to take a non-traditional route with the stamps for a little change up. I wanted it to take on a distressed, old look instead of a bright, happy look typically associated with stars. The stars on this card are from the Seeing Stars set.

First, I took a vanilla tag and aged it up with an Adirondack paint dauber in Lettuce. Then I rubbed Ranger's Distress Ink in Walnut and Tea Stain all over the tag. Next, I stamped a few stars with Versamark over the tag and poured heat and stick on top, heated them, and then sprinkled on glitter for some sparkle. The sentiment, also from Seeing Stars, was stamped on a scrap piece of designer paper and then aged as well. I took my edge distresser all the way around the edge of the tag to give it an even more rustic, beat-up look! Finally, I stamped more stars on Basic Grey designer paper, cut them out and mounted on top of the tag with dimensional tape.

Trust me when I say, you're going to want all five sets for your own collection! I'm not pulling your leg. You will come back to these sets time and time again! Remember, the stamps debut on Thursday...be the first in line to buy yours....you won't regret it!

Stamps: Seeing Stars (Verve Visual)
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Dark Brown

Paper: Kraft, Choc. Chip (Stampin' Up!), BasicGrey, others unknown
Accessories: glitter, tag, Stardust Gel Pen, dimensionals