Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Made A Wish...

For all of us that have found our one true love (and I'm not talking about stamping here!), I think that we can in someway relate to this sentiment. This is one of my favorite sentiments of all time and I wanted to find the perfect project to use it one. What's better than telling someone how important they are to you, especially at Christmas?


I made this ornament as a keepsake that we can hang on our tree each year. I started with a clear top tin from Oriental Trading Co. Now, these are not the top quality tins that you purchase from Specialty Bottle, but are perfect for this type of projects. I lined the bottom of the inside of the tin with yummy American Crafts paper. The edges of the inside are lined with SU! Basic Black cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on a piece of SU! Whisper White cardstock and then punched it out with the scallop heart punch {the Marvy yellow one}. The heart panel is on dimensional glue dots and the lid is glued on with Crystal Effects. To finish off the project, I wrapped black twill around the tin (attached with red liner tape) and then attached the black twill bow with hot glue.