Saturday, October 6, 2007

Let The Countdown Continue!

Don't you just LOVE all of these sneak peeks for the newest Verve Visuals stamp sets? Remember, the two new sets, Seasonal Circles and Winter Wonder, are scheduled to be released on October 10th in the Verve Store. Trust me (famous last words!), they will be the stamps you reach for time and time again this holiday season as you create your holiday masterpieces!

For my sneak peek, I used the Winter Wonder set, which I ADORE! Over the past few years, I've been on a never-ending search for the perfect snowflake stamp, and guess what? I think I've finally found it in Winter Wonder! The set contains not 1 but 6 different snowflake designs, 7 sentiments, and three stars, for a total of 16 stamps!!!

There are SO many different ways to use the snowflakes in Winter Wonder. For this card, I wanted to make a holiday wreath! It was uber easy to do. First, using one of the medium sized snowflakes, I stamped it 4 times, at the top, bottom, and sides of an "imaginary" circle. Then I stamped the same snowflake again, in between the first 4 snowflakes, in the same color ink (Cranberry Crisp).Finally, using a small snowflake stamp, I stamped in between each of the snowflakes previously stamped, but in a different color (Old Olive). A ribbon at the top finishes the wreath off with style! That's all there is to it! Super easy and fun to do!

The base of my card is River Rock cardstock. It was the perfect color to highlight the gorgeous designer paper from Cosmo Cricket. I love the vintagy, distressed look of this whole line of papers (Be Good), and felt that the feel of the whole card then needed to be distressed as well. So, I muddied up and ripped up everything my hand came in contact with, using my Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Stain and Walnut and my Heidi Swapp edge distresser! Since I'm a sewing addict, I couldn't resist sewing a little straight stitch on the main panel for some fun detail as well!

Want to know a secret? Do you see how the sentiment within the wreath has been punched out and adhered to the card using dimensional tape? I had to do that because I originally stamped the sentiment directly inside the wreath but stamped it crooked! Grrr! I hate when I make mistakes! But instead of pitching the whole thing in trash, I just stamped the sentiment again on different piece of cardstock, and punched it out with my circle punch. The circle now hides the crooked sentiment underneath it! Genius,uh? Just remember, you don't ALWAYS have to pitch a card because of a mistake. This ended up being a happy mistake because I love the three dimensional look the card has with the sentiment done this way!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for sneak peeks from two more Verve designers (Bethany Paull & Jen del Muro), and then a final sneak peek from Verve designer Laurie Schmidlin on Tuesday. Wednesday will be the BIG DAY you can buy these sets for yourself!! Let the countdown continue!

Stamps: Winter Wonder(Verve Visual)
Paper: Be Good (Cosmo Cricket), Very Vanilla, River Rock(Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Cranberry Crisp, Old Olive (Stampin! Up, Black Onyx (Versafine, Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Stain & Walnut
Accessories: Cranberry Striped Ribbon (May Arts), sewing machine