Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tags, Tins and Treats: Day 12

Hi everyone! It's Michelle here and WOW, the Divas are pulling out all the stops this month. TONS of Tags, Tins and Treats goodness so far, huh? I have a very simple take on the challenge. Last year on clearance, I bought a box of Martha Stewart Hearts Favor Bags (20 pieces) for $2.00! Yeah baby, and I have been saving them this whole time JUST for this year's Valentine treats!! Here is what I started with. I just loved Julee's inspiration picture, but it just didn't jive with the brown/pink combo I had to play with -bummer.
The bags are super cute on their own and always being short on time, I merely stamped on them, added a bit of bling and ribbon! Bam -DONE! Easy peasy. First, I dusted the bottom of the bag with my Embossing Buddy (THE key to embossing onto dark paper). I stamped and embossed the sentiment first. Then I stamped the flowers or row of hearts along side and on the pink heart flap. Next, I added some rhinestones and tied a piece of silk ribbon to the handle. And last, I punched a small heart or flower and glued to the center of the bow.

Here is a close up of a couple bags. I chose to stamp flowers on some because these are going to teachers and I thought flowers were cute for casual aquaintences. The sentiment came from used the Heart's Desire set along with, the tiny hearts came from the Thankful Hearts set, and the little flower came from the Love's Flower set. I love how bling can come sooo super tiny, to fit into the little hearts -happy sigh...


So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your Tags, Tins & Treats! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;)

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your NEW creation (posted Jan. 25 or later) to Mr. Linky on THIS post before midnight MST on Monday, February 15. One lucky stamper will win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Jan 25 - Feb 14) will win their choice of any Verve set.

48 comments:

  1. Love your purses!! So cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - all my purse fanatics would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I like the stamped flowers and bling embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable, who wouldn't want a another little purse with great goodies in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are super cute!! Love the colors and flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Michelle, these are adorable!!! Can I have one LOL :D Love the way you embossed on them. Fabulous sale snag too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAA my mouth fell open!!
    How cute!!!
    Love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable!! Love the little purses...would be fun for a shower or girls night out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely project for my girly girls... love pink and brown together. I could see this one for Easter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so cute; LOVE the colors! The added bling, stamping and embossing make them look so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love when you can cheat a little and have a very quick and easy project to do! This turned out awesome with the stamping you added!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty! someone's gonna feel loved when they get this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable and right up my alley of easy peasy! I love the pink and brown and you are right the flowers are great for teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yikes-a-bee, is this darling or what??? LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such stylish bags, I love the colours and the simplistic way you have embellished them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh Michelle, these are divine....I luv them....so girly....hehehe....perfect for Valentine treats!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute Michelle! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh these purses are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable!!! I love the pink and brown combo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing a VERY practical and reasonably simple bag. I love all the fluff and bling on some projects shared, but in reality I don't have time for that much detail. I love that this is SO simple! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute litte bag! I like the pink insert sides and the matching daisy with the ribbon on the handle. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What adorable purses! I love the colors together... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OM Word those are so adorable!!!! What a fun treat holder and a GREAT score while shopping!!! :)
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute...I love those two colors together too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are gorgeous Michelle, I love that classic colour combo - and great idea to use flowers instead of hearts for a casual Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow, these are just too cute! I can see these as little girl birthday party favor bags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so cute. What a great deal for $2.00 and your embellishing makes all the difference. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG, this is a purse-onal favorite project of mine! There are so many ways you could use these - wonder if there's a template of the pattern somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  29. wowsers--these are the cutest things ever!! love love love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable!! What a great find!! The flowers and a little bling make them perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. pink and brown have never been my favorite combination, but the project itself i super!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aren't these adorable. these would be great little party favors for a little girl's birthday

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cute idea....like the fact it was quick and easy, great for busy moms!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this...great purse idea :o)

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are so cute! What a bargain!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great buy on the super cute MS purses! I love the way you embellished and stamped them! I love a little bling too. It makes it so easy to dress things up doesn't it!

    Happy Valentine's Day Michelle

    ReplyDelete