Monday, February 8, 2010

Tags, Treats and Tins--Day 11

Well, it's me, Susan here! I'm ready to start your week off with another installment of the Verve Project Parade--Tags, Treats and Tins! I've been admiring all the fabulous projects each Diva has come up with so far. Haven't ya'll? There are so many great creations and so much talent here!


If ya'll will recall, the inspiration piece from Julee, found HERE, was brought about by her recollection of her grandmother's house and the fun candy jars and tins she had in her entryway, just inviting Julee to partake of the candy goodness. (Possibly where she got her sweet tooth!?) My fondest recollection of my grandmother's house was that she lived in a high-rise building in Houston with my granddad and I loved to sit and spin in her sewing room chair until I was sick. I'm sure she gave me candy, too, but probably learned to wait until I was done spinning for very good reasons that we won't talk about here.


Anyway, I do know that she liked to cook and I also had a great aunt that made the best fig preserves in the whole United States of America and that's where I was reminded of these canning jars with the tin lids, and homemade goodness of all sorts.


Upon brainstorming for my project, a sweet blogging friend told me you could actually bake right in them after she had figured out that it was a great way to send baked goods overseas. So, like her, I made some blueberry muffins and "canned" them! I then added my crafty touch, drawing from the vintage feel of the inspiration piece.


I first made some soft background paper on cream cardstock using the Accent Notes set to mock the beige pattern of the tins in the picture. Then I added the heart shapes from Heart's Desire and the Heart Flutter Plain Jane and was sure to clear emboss over them to make the color more intense. The little tag sentiments were cut with my Basics 1 card and my Slice machine. I even made a little "lacy" ruffle around the band on the larger jar using a strip of tissue paper that I rumpled up A LOT, ran some gold ink over and taped it to the back. In fact, everything is accented in the sparkly Galaxy Gold ink from Tsukineko. I think these will make the perfect teacher gifts for my girls' Valentine's parties this week! Of course there was enough mix to make extra blueberry muffins (hello, breakfast!). Now if only I has some of Aunt Nellie's fig preserves....

So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your Tags, Tins & Treats! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;)

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your NEW creation (posted Jan. 25 or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on THIS post before midnight MST on Monday, February 15. One lucky stamper will win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve Store.
And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Jan 25 - Feb 14) will win their choice of any Verve set.

42 comments:

  1. What a great combination! I love your project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. beutiful combo!! I need to get busy and creat my and get it posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! Love the color combo and use of stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful project!! Love the colors and everything looks SO yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love the vintage feel to this projects, and those hearts are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful!! LOVE those colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I've seen the mixes before but never thought of baking in them! Love the colors and stamps too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to package baked goods so they don't get crushed. Those mini tags are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. I might have to get that stamp. Colors and your special talents make it very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the papers you've used and all the little details...yummy!! The project and the treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful gift set! Great DPs and details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these tins and tags are sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! And so amazing that you can just bake them! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. This I love. I have these jars all over my kitchen. Adorable toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun idea! Really, baking in canning jars? I would never have thought of it, but why not!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful set Susan! What beautiful colors you used as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yummy -- I actually saw a recipe recently where pie was baked in the little jars...what a nice way this would be to dress up the "pie in a jar"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty. Love the colors.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  19. love love love that color combo and that stamp set is so cute!!! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the vintagey (LOL, not sure that word exists) look!! The colors are great and the tissue paper ruffle is creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fun tag elements.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is awesome Susan....I really luv all the details!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  23. This little set is just adorable... looks pretty yummy too! I love the colors you chose and the details are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the colors you used on this Susan! A combo I have yet to try! And blueberry muffins...mmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the turquoise color used in your project. It looks so nice with the red; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How pretty....this would make a good idea to make your own candles in the jar as well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cute idea! Love your little jars!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this project. We do so many things with these jars! Who needs fancy tins???

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love those jars. They are cute by themselves, but when you put Verve on it, they are just stunning! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the rustic look to this! thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the vintage look of the tag. It reminds me of "tole painting". Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love these! Beautiful color combo!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cool idea to share baking! I love love love this vibrant colour combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great idea, Susan!! Love your labels!

    ReplyDelete
  35. these colors are my favorite...at the moment. it is nice to see the ideas that combine them.

    ReplyDelete
  36. So beautiful, the teachers are going to love them

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so striking! I like the color combo and of course all the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely homespun feel to your project. I really like the colour combo that you used.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete