Monday, January 25, 2010

Tags Tins and Treats: Day 1

This month we've been walking through foyers and entryways in the Viva la Verve! challenges, so as I was thinking about a theme for this month's project parade, my thoughts kept turning to fond memories of the vintage candy tins and jars my grandmother always kept filled with hard candy inside her entryway. I LOVED opening the lids to see what sweet treat I might find – and then choosing just the ONE I wanted! Those were special memories - a tradition I've kept going in my own house, mostly because I've got a tiny little eensy weensy bit of a sweet tooth!


So the challenge for this parade is Tags, Tins & Treats - perfect for all those Valentine goodies that will soon be on the top of everyone's to-do list. To participate, just make a NEW tag, alter a tin, package some treats or do all three if you’re really feeling creative! I've included a little photo above that I found for inspiration, but it’s totally optional. If it inspires you, use it, if not, let your mojo do the talking!


For my project, I was inspired by the colors in the photo, and used them to create a tag and alter a little pail of treats. The little rose on the vintage tin reminded me of this beautiful rose ribbon I got at the $1 store on my last visit. The pail I used was 40% off at Jo-Ann's and I thought the painted polka dots would tie in with the coaster in the photo, and look awesome with little added rhinestones. And I brought in a touch of purple with milk chocolate Bliss candies (so yummy).


For the tag, I embossed a tag cut from confetti cardstock with the Hearts Cuttlebug folder, then added a bottom border of pink punched with the SU! Scallop Trim Border. I stamped the pink panel lightly with stamps from Accent Notes for a background and used the same technique for the Primitive Heart die cut (Sizzix). I used scallop decorative scissors to cut a little cool carribbean mat, then stamped the Be Mine plain jane in Rose Red and used some pink fun flock on the arrow.

For the pail, I added rhinestones to the painted polka dots, then created a band (also stamped with the Accent Notes set) and some layered Nestabilities Labels 4 stamped with a sentiment from Heart's Desire. And for the final touch, I stamped a little white tissue paper with one of the heart clusters from Heart's Desire.



So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your Tags, Tins & Treats! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;)

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your NEW creation (posted Jan. 25 or later) to the Mr. Linky widget below before midnight MST on Monday, February 15. One lucky stamper will win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Jan 25 - Feb 15) will win their choice of any Verve set.

Happy stamping!
We can't wait to see what you create!



53 comments:

  1. THis is ADORABLE, Julee! What a sweet Valentine treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tin is so sweet! My grandma used to do the same thing when we went to visit her! Thanks for sharing!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ideas! My grandma used to keep homemade chocolate chip cookies in a Folgers coffee can in the freezer for me everytime we would visit. Something a little different than candy but I completely understand how special you felt and the importance of continuing the tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Jul.
    U do inspire!!!

    I need so much time:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julee this is adorable, that tag is stunning, it is perfect...thanks so much for bringing us a very fun project parade this month!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the colors of this project! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the basket and tag are so cute. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest of the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative, inspirational & makes me want a piece of chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet basket with tag--I am going to get right on this and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful project - love that tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julee, this is wayyy cute! What an adorable way to give out yummies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tag! The whole package is super.

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable pail, Julee!! LOVE the tag and that gorgeous ribbon...everything is perfect!! Hmmmm, tins....the wheels are turning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tons of fun. Love all of your great details.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julee, this is so cute! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute pail! I love, love, love that inspiration photo! I'm putting on my thinking cap now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, love this! and that ribbon is SUCH a good find! I'll be playing along soon I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is DARLING Julee! Love the little tin and of course the way you decorated it is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This little tin is so cute. I hope to make a little something if I can get off the computer and find some time! Love the colors and the Verve stamps work SO well for this project!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the tin and how you decorated it!! The tag is gorgeous by itself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute Julee! I'll see if I can get creative enough to come up with something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. #3 here - please check out my tag! This was a fun challenge and a great idea! Love the samples!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really Love your Tag. It is very special. Such vibrant color, An adorable little gift for the special day. Thanks for the fun of visiting and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a super cute little pail. Nice Valentine's gift.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Am really lovin' all the projects so far...will look forward to seeing what all the divas come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so sweet, who wouldn't want to see that little pail being handed to them. Now my task is making valentines for 7 17-18yo boys. My son was shamed into letting me make them for him, well and a little bit of bribing w/ the candy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is adorable and a great idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a darling Valentine bucket! Absolutely LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG, jules...i adore that heart basket, and your tag is simply stunning! what a gorgeous project...love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The tag is such a work of art! I love that fancy ribbon on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really love this vintage look! Great projects, thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So pretty! I love how you decorated the pail and the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the way you created your own DP! All of it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is amazing!! Wow!! I am so excited I got to play this month!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Tags are so fun to make and a great way to use scraps and sentiment stamps...perfect for Verve! Love these projects; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. my grandma kept her fabulous oatmeal raisin cookies in a drum-shaped cookie jar. they were always a treat. i don't think she ever used a recipe, except for the one in her mind. i liked mine without the walnuts! but, i would suffer through them! i also think that she knew we were coming to visit...i would like to think that we are that special. thank you, grandma

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just love love all the projects!!
    They all are beautiful CREATIONS!
    Just perfect for a gift...
    Happy VD to all:))

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  39. The project during the parade have been fabulous! I made little explosion boxes for my nieces and nephew to hold some chocolate hearts as a little treat for them on Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  40. so often these treat buckets bore me -- but not this one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a sweet treat and that tag is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. So nice - love the details on the pail and the tag is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the tins. I was thinking of altering some for teachers gifts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  44. gosh, these are so pretty.

    xoxo hugz

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the cute tag! You ladies are SO talented. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is such a fun challenge. Thanks for giving us the chance to participate.

    ReplyDelete