Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tags, Tins and Treats - Day 13

Hi Verve fans, it's Amy here with you today! What a great Project Parade theme we have going on this month! I have been so amazed with all the Tags, Tins & Treats creations so far, both from the Divas and from those of you who've already played along with us! Keep those entries comin'! (More on that at the end of my post.)

Last week, after I finished a different project involving a lunch-box-style tin, my 6-year-old daughter (and biggest cheerleader when it comes to papercrafting) begged and pleaded, would I please make her a lunch box, too. I happily obliged, knowing I had the perfect tin on hand for a girlie-girl gift - Provo Craft's hat-box shaped, handled tin.



I covered the tin with various patterns from Pink Paislee's Cupid designer paper collection, adhering the paper to the tin with 1/4" Scor-Tape. For the focal point, I stamped the large filigree heart from Heart's Desire in Ranger's Walnut Stain Distress Ink onto one of the Cupid patterns, then outlined with a Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip marker for a little more definition. I die-cut the image into a circle, matted with a scalloped circle, and adhered clear rhinestones between each scallop. Next I stamped two of the medium lined hearts (also from Heart's Desire) in red pigment ink and two of the stack of three small hearts (again, Heart's Desire) in Papertrey Spring Moss ink and trimmed them out. I fashioned an arrow out of the light green hearts and a long hat pin, stuck it through the pair of red hearts, and adhered the whole thing to the large brown heart image using foam tape. From the arrow, I hung a tag that I stamped with "beautiful you" from Celebrating You.

I further embellished with some different ribbons and ribbon treatments. I love how boxes and tins look when they're elevated on little "feet," so I painted some wooden 1" candle cups (purchased in the wood craft section at Michael's) with white acrylic paint, then hot glued them to the bottom. Love the pedestal effect they add!

Here's a close-up of the stamped and stacked hearts:



The tin is filled with various small Valentine-themed goodies and trinkets - heart hair clips, Valentine jewelry, some craft items, and of course, a little bit of candy. My daughter has already caught me working on this and has given her enthusiastic two thumbs up ... she knows it's for her and can't wait to find out what's inside. Only a few more sleeps!

Now for the important part: we want YOU to play along with us! Are you ready to show us your Tags, Tins, and Treats? I hope so! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love?

As with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!

There are two different chances to win:

1. Link up your NEW creation (posted January 25 or later) to the Mr. Linky widge on THIS POST before midnight, Monday, February 15. One lucky stamper will win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve store.

2. Be sure to leave the Divas a little shout-out in the comments as we parade our creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Jan 25-Feb 14) will win her (or his) choice of any Verve stamp set.

46 comments:

  1. this is darling, what a clever idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very girlie and cute! I like the embellishments and the "feet"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh the hearts got me the tin the colors!!!
    love it all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,so precious, brings back some childhood memories. You did a great job with all the detail and I love the colors. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love the heart stamp and the colors and ribbon just make it work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! I love all the details. Thanks for the inspiration!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little legs that make this project look so very complete!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! I love the paper, colors, and of course your wonderful stamping! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of one of the mojo sketches! This is totally darling and I'm sure your daughter will have a wonderful time showing it off :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, and double wow! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this, too sweet! Love the colors you chose. I so want to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful design & I love the heart! Super cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous!Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is that! What a great little gift idea. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just priceless! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Amy, that's gorgeous! Sooo many precious details to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just adorable.....and it is a girly girl box.....love it...I wish I could play but I don't have any tins....and I hate that too....but good luck to the one who do.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amy this is super sweet, great job with the cupid arrow, luv that!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh thats so adorable!!! The little girl in me is jealous of your 6yr old, lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amy, this is tooo cute! I know your daughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a darling tin. Great job Amy.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh... this is so creative! I love the colors and the way you did the heart. I love all the ribbon and layers ... the little 'feet' are perfect. Love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet idea. I should make something similar for my 86 yr. old mother. Thanks for the inspiration. Peace. Becky J.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful tin to store some special treasure! Great project, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a sweet mini suitcase--oh so very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG... what little girl wouldn't LOVE this!!! Or BIG Girl...hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This tin reminds me of the little suitcase I used to keep my Barbie dolls in! Love the colors here and that fun ruffled ribbon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What little girl wouldn't love to get this? Heck - big girl! This is just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  30. so adorable, Amy...love the heart arrow and little feet...lovey details :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh! This is so cute! It is such a visual delight with all different papers and ribbon! Love the dimension too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. *****i*****want this!!!!!how cute! your daughter will definately approve!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Can you adopt me? How cute is that!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is adorable!! Love it! Especially love the colors--not just the pink/red!

    ReplyDelete
  35. How cute....the little ball feet on the bottom just add that little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love to see new ways to make things and I love your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so fun! I love all the details from the ribbon to the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow Amy!! I can only imagine the amount of time that you spent on this. Great colours and I love the Baja Breeze ribbon treatment.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  39. AMY I am so glad I got a chance to catch up on these, you little bag is adorable. I love it= how fun it owul dbe to get it as a gift.

    ReplyDelete