Thursday, November 19, 2009

Home for the Holidays--Day 9

Hello, hello! Has this not been one of the most inspirational Project Parades you've seen? I have come away with SO many ideas for gifts this year! Can't wait to try them all:)
For my project, I've designed a little wall-hanging using chipboard coasters! I don't remember where I got them, I've had them forever and decided it was time to put them to use!

It took me FOREVER to come up with this concept, lol! The funny thing is, it's totally not difficult, but everytime I tried to create something I didn't like it! I'm not so good at 3D alterables so it was challenging! But I really love this wall-hanging and can't wait till the day after Thanksgiving when I break out the rest of my decorations;)

I used a combination of dp by SU! (sorry, I can't remember the name!), Ripe Avacado, Pure Poppy, and Ocean Tides cardstock (PTI). I used the polka dots from Bountiful Backgrounds on each letter in a different color ink. The swirls you see randomly stamped around the letters are from Express Yourself. And of course, the snowflakes are from Frosty Flakes and the sentiment on the "O" is from Christmas in the Air!

Here's a close up of the details of each letter:

Watcha think? I think you should try one! They're so fun and all the new Verve Holiday sets make it so easy!!

Would you like to play along with us? There are potential Verve bucks in it for you if you do! Just link up your project with the theme "Home for the Holidays, Decor, Gifts, and More" by midnite MST, 26 November to THIS thread! One lucky lady will win $30 Verve bucks to spend on anything in the Verve store!! Remember, Verve stamps are not required, just play along and have fun:)

Also, make sure to leave all the Diva's some love! One commenter from a random date of the parade (Nov 11-25) will win a Verve stamp set of their choice, sweet deal for showing your appreciation of all these ladies hard work!

Thanks for coming by! Have a Vervalicious Day!!!

48 comments:

  1. That is absolutely adorable! I love all the divas creations...Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, this is soo adorable, I am so luvin the buttons and all your details....it will look fantstic this Christmas!


    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very sweet! Love the colors and papers and the buttons just add the sweetest touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow... Amber I have coasters in my closet just waiting to be used... thanks for the inspiration! I love your wall hanging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun hanging decoration. Great idea.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling project!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet! It's so festive and what a detailed project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun colors! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I love the whimsical color scheme. Great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the stamps and those letters are amazing. I have this cricut cartridge and now have a great idea to use it! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love it. I've been seeing so many great banners and this one is awesome. I love the way you did the letters, w/ the bottom all jazzied up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful project - great details and oh so cute colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty wall hanging! Love the paper and colors! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, Amber! Love the bold, bright colours of this!! It oozes "Happy" and "joyful!" LOL I would want to leave it up all year!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks fantastic! Fabulous details & creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are always fun to make and you've done a great job on this one :D Love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a wonderful project i love all the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo hoo! These are so much fun! Very bright, and lots to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun, so festive! Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful wall hanging with these pretty colors. Love Verve's snowflake stamp that you used on this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, these projects just keep me amazed! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous girl! the colors are fabulous and what a wonderful addition for the holidays. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad you spent forever on this project and then shared how to do it so I wouldn't have to. Thanks because I love it and would love to make a similar one.

    I like the colors you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice colour combination! Love all the embellishments you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amber, what a festive holiday wallhanging! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh too fun Amber - great colors and the glitz is just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so darn cute Amber! I LOVE the colors and all the fun details! What a great use of the coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  28. too cute!! Love the letter font of your Joy!! All your extra detail on each coaster really set it apart!! Fantastic work

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this, Amber! So cute, bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. so fun :D love the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So super fun! I love the colors you chose! Great idea. The details are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this! I need something like this for my entryway.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have the best ideas! I love all the details and embellies. It's so festive and I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so cute, great job.....

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW!! These are decorated beautifully!! What a wonderfull hanging to use year after year!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a cute idea...love all the extra details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oooooh, loving the sparkle on this one! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! This was a lot of work! So many beautiful details on each letter and the letters are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such incredible detail - Christmas is definitely a time for sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Spectacular display of images and embellishments. What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is awesome-I loved that you used nontraditional colors! And sparkles! You can never have too many sparkles!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  42. These are great! I might have to make something like this for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  43. this is fabulous! so bright & cheerful!

    ReplyDelete