Friday, November 20, 2009

Home For The Holidays : Day 10

Happy Friday, everyone! It's Mercy here with another inexpensive and easy project for you all during this holiday season. All of the Divas have done such a phenomenal job showcasing beautiful gifts, decor, and more...and they've done them all for under $10! Now it's my turn to share my project with you.

I was able to make a stamped candle with a coordinating 3X3 card and envelope for under $5! I purchased a vanilla-scented candle and a pack of white tissue paper from an "everything is a dollar" store for $2. Then I used leftover bits and pieces of patterned paper, cardstock, and satin ribbon. The cost of papers couldn't be more that $1, and I actually got the ribbon from the end of a huge roll of satin ribbon for FREE. The candle and card were both stamped with the ornament shapes and sentiment from the "Holly Jolly Christmas" set, then the candle was placed into a large cello bag that cost only 10 cents...yes, I said it...10 CENTS!!! The envelope was actually from a gift card that I had received with one of my Christmas presents last year, so I thought I would reuse it instead of paying for a whole pack of new 3 X3 vanilla envelopes...especially since I only needed one!

That's it for me! So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your homemade goodies for the upcoming giving season! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love?

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your Home for the Holidays creation to the Mr. Linky widget at Day One's post before midnight MST on Thursday, November 26. One lucky stamper will win a $30 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Nov 11 - 25) will win their choice of any Verve set.

47 comments:

  1. Fabulous creativity! I have to try making a candle! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried to do the candles but my sister has and they turn out great. What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the stamping on a candle technique before, but never tried it, this is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Mercy, great job! What a beautiful gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun candle and card set.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME project my friend! I need to remember to decorate candles more often, what a huge impact for so little a cost! LOVE your candle and card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a stamped candle--haven't done one in a long time! Thanks for the inspiration!! Awesome project!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so pretty! I love the candle decorated with the fun ornament images!!! Love that free ribbon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! And I love the tidbit about the ribbon. That's always so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is adorable, great idea...I am so luvin the 3x3!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous, Mercy! Love your beautifully stamped candle and matching card.. what a deal for 10 cents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea. I am doing something similar for all the mom figures in my family. Thou I am using the smaller candles and making a box set of 4 candles. I love this idea to do just one in a bag thou. Probably would have saved me a lot of time! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful! i love the unexpected pink :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a great idea. I love that it would fit w/ any budget too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never done this, but yours turned out so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty candle and cute card! I'd like to try decorating a candle like this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The perfect little gift set. Way to go on the cost and recycling :D Haven't done one of those candles in years... think it's time to do one again - thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this idea! I want to try it! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really cute set! I've never tried stamping on a candle but you have inspired me!! Thanks!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nicely done candle, Mercy! Lovely colors on the card

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look at you, so thrifty, way to go! I have yet to try stamping on a candle, too scared, lol. Love it thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous idea!!! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this!! The $ store is a great way to save money on packaging!! That ribbon is gorgeous!! I remember getting mine 1/2 price when it came out! More savings!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea, and don't you just love a bargain? Thanks for sharing such a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is super-cute! Amazing gift for some lucky person. Love it...!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great projects. Love the colors.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have done an outstanding job, I love your project

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm not a candle person but I know many who are and would love this. Thanks for the great (and inexpensive) idea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Now you've got me thinking that I can do this too!!! Neat way to add some "pizazz" to a candle!!

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really cute! I might try that someday!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks so nice...love that it's so inexpensive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great gift idea! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mercy- what a fun and simple project to work on. Great gift idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your candle, but the card to go with it is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lovely gift idea - great to have on hand as as hostess gift during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great idea...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ohhhh my gosh! I never would have thought to stamp on a candle!!!

    I love this idea!

    Great job, to you and to all of the divas!

    ReplyDelete
  38. i love the matching stamping on the candle! Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  39. lol on the everything is a dollar! what a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete