Saturday, November 21, 2009

Home for the Holidays: Day 11

Well, it's me, Susan! Someone told me ya'll like easy and inexpensive projects! So today I have another idea that fits both of those categories! I've had this project in mind for quite some time now and was waiting for just the right opportunity to make and share it! Then when Julee came out with these wonderful Christmas stamps, especially this larger sentiment and these cute Christmas trees from the set, Christmas in the Air, it all clicked!

It started out as a plain wooden Organizer Box from Glue Art and Paper Studio. Now it's a wonderful way to display and store my Christmas cards that I'll be collecting as the season goes by. I spray painted it red and then sealed it with a Matte Clear Spray sealant.

I then made the panels to fit each side using some fun paper from Making Memories and my trusty Old Olive cardstock from SU!. They were easily adhered with Scor-Tape to make sure they will be staying on for the long haul! Then I made the little framed piece with my Slice machine and Noteworthy card.

I stamped the trees on some more of the patterned paper and covered them with Diamond Dust for a little sparkle and attached them as well. The fun felt snowflakes were added to each end of the box "just because". See? An easy, pretty and inexpensive way to wow your Christmas visitors with your cards on display!

So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your homemade goodies for the upcoming giving season! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not use 'em?

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your Home for the Holidays creation to the Mr. Linky widget at Day One's post before midnight MST on Thursday, November 26. One lucky stamper will win a $30 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Nov 11 - 25) will win their choice of any Verve set.

50 comments:

  1. WOW this is Spectacular. I love the idea and will certainly link back to you with my project. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowsers!! this is fantastic!! who cares what the gift is when the packaging is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. So amazing. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thi is gorgeous i would love to have a go at something like this you have inspired me - now all i have to do is get hubby to agree that spraypaint in the house is a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic project. I have that tree paper and love it and now I have some idea of what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the paper, colors, stamps!!! I like that this is something you can use year after year! Thanks!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love the idea, and may try it out. I have a hanging card displayer but sometimes it just gets too full so this would be great for the overflow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Another great idea from the fabulous Verve Divas! You all rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS! It is just beautiful and what a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely amazing. I love it! What a beautiful creation. The papers, stamps, and diamond dust are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous, Susan! How lovely it is filled with all of those Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just too cute!! What a wonderful way to show off Xmas cards!! Decorated beautifully!!

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love little Christmas boxes!! The tree is so icy it reminds me of our winters :) Just beautiful, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great box! What a way to get dual use; for display and storage! Great job on decorating it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so very gorgeous, I adore boxes and things.....wonderful for all sorts of things.....luvin those trees!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous project! Not only is it practical (grin) but it looks like such fun to decorate. It's so beautiful... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderfully done! Love the DPs and all the little accents you added. Great project :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous! I love it! Everyone needs a place to showcase the cards they receive! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooooo, this is beautiferous, Susan! I love how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great gift idea...love all the colors used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute box! Love the colours you chose. The sentiment looks great in the center on the framed label!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love, love, love it! Love the papers, this came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, every day I think that the projects couldn't get any better, but you ladies continue to amaze me with your talents. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG this is beautiful. This wouls also be fabulous to have for putting cards in for bazaar and such. I love the box, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this...so cute! I love boxes of any sort and what a good idea for Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is absolutely darling Susan! What a great idea! The papers are AWESOME and the way you did the trees, is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a nifty idea for holding Christmas cards! I never know where to keep mine, but this would keep them out of the way in such a pretty fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! What a gorgeous way to keep your Christmas cards together for viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE this! I definitely want to try this for Christmas :o) Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great project. I'm looking around my craftroom for a box now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful! I need one of these, so be sure to add me to your Christmas list ;>)! I will probably have to make one for myself...I really like the idea because I tend to end up with a pile of cards and this is a much better way to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, this is such a great project. It acts as a beautiful holiday decoration and also is a great organizer for cards. I love how you designed this (colors/stamps). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Adorable box, Susan. I love new (pretty) ways to store all my stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Soooo pretty! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a beautifully decorated box, Susan! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a cute idea for Christmas cards!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Eeck! I'm so loving this!!!! These papers are spectacular!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a wonderful way to display holiday cards! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love this-I can see it as a possible gift basket for goodies! In fact, my best friend and I decided to give each other small, stocking-type gifts, this year, and I can totally see this making a perfect "stocking" for her gifts!

    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Absolutely adorable box. What great papers! TFS
    Kris, Wadsworth, OH
    katirbe604@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Loving this box! And it looks like the perfect size to store all sorts of things! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  44. wow, what a great decorated card box - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. so lovely!!! what effort you put into this, and it really shines :)

    ReplyDelete