Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Home for the Holidays: Day 1

Holiday Greetings!  Can you believe that the holidays are creeping up on us already?  While I am excited, I have to say that I am not sure that I am ready for the scramble that comes with the holidays.  Of course, many of my gifts will be handmade.  Something tells me, that some of yours will be too, so the Verve Divas have come up with some wonderful creations for this month's Project Parade...

Home for the Holidays: 
Gifts, Decor and More!

For my project, I was inspired a little by one of my older projects: the Mini Pizza Box and one of the newer ones from SCS' Holiday Tutorial Blitz: The Top Note Box.  I basically created a Mini Box with different dimensions and then put a scalloped rectangle on the top and bottom, much like the Top Note Box.  The great thing about the box is that the base, scalloped rectangles and the navy blue circle mats all came from ONE piece of paper.  The rest of the box took less than one sheet of each color used, making the paper cost for the box under $1!  Depending on your embellishments, you could easily make this for under $2, like I did!!  I don't think that you can get a fancy gift sack for that these days! Any of the new Verve sets could be used to create a fun gift card box.  This particular one uses Frosty Flakes.



 

 

Here's the template...





So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your homemade goodies for the upcoming giving season! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;)

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your Home for the Holidays creation to the Mr. Linky widget below before midnight MST on Thursday, November 26. One lucky stamper will win a $30 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Nov 11 - 25) will win their choice of any Verve set.

Happy stamping!
We can't wait to see what you create!



47 comments:

  1. Oh I remember how much I loved your mini pizza box. And this is just as fabulous. Great wintery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jen! Love the way you layers the flakes without cutting!! Great idea!! This box is super adorable and I love it because the recipient could use it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! I always look forward to Verve Project Parades! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally darling box, Jen! Love the colours and the punched out snowflakes - beats cutting LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE to make boxes, and the recipient always loves them, too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This box is fantastic! Lovely colours and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou for the template for this adorable box xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is So cute. I am definitely going to parade along this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen this is soooo adorable, your work is always perfection, great mini box!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute idea...and I really like how you mounted the "snowflake" stamped circles...so great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project - so cute and the scallops are the perfect accent. I am excited about this parade...I know just what I am going to do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! I love it and thank you so much for the tutorial/template. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your box, Jen! Awesome project!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful colors on this project, and a decorative box can be used for so many things. Thanks for sharing this and the template!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This parade will be so fun to watch and get Christmas ideas from! Thanks for the inspiration! I have already made many of those little pizza boxes, thanks to your tutorial! What fun!

    Melisa Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful Jen! I love the colors and your combination of the two templates, can't wait to try one of my own;)
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jen, so very cute!! I have made these before with the Top Note die but I love the scolloped edge top and bottom that you did. Oh so very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute way to package a gift card.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is fabulous, jen! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous little box!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is wonderful, Jen! The colors are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome gift card box!! Thanks for the template! This is something that I would use for many occasions! Thanks for the inspiration!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your box Jen and the way you did the ribbon, just perfect :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love those projects! I am doing only handmade gifts this year and that little box would be the icing on the cake, so to speak, for one of my little goodies...

    ReplyDelete
  25. And after the gift is given, what a cute little box to sit around for decoration! It's like 2 gifts in one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute way to do this box! I am glad someone proved that it doesn't take the top note to make one of these cute boxes and still have it be cute! I love the way you layered the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jen, this is fantastic! I love the colors you chose, and the fact that of course this could be customized to match any color/design gift card that you use! Love it!
    Kathy Camasso

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet little box, Jen! I love your version...great for cash or gift cards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great project! This little box can be used for so many different gift ideas including birthdays, Christmas, Easter, house-warming, and more. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This box is just beautiful. Love the colors. I haave to go make one now. Thanks for the insperation.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Jen! What a great project! I love this little box and the layerd snowflakes are super! Just perfect for a gift card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG this box is beautiful, I must might have to make some of these for my staff-

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so cute, I love it. Can't wait to try it out. Thank you VERY much for including the template! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great way to give a gift card!! Can keep the box and use for something else!! Thanks for the template!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your updated version of your pizza box...must try this one as well! And the way it all came together it's just perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great box - love that it holds a gift card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a great way to give a gift card. Love your scalloped top and bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is splendid Jen and thank you for sharing the template/instructions

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love this box. Such a cute way to package a small gift or maybe some homemade candy.

    ReplyDelete
  40. this is fabulous! love the colors you used

    ReplyDelete