Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Home for the Holidays - Day 8

Hi everyone, it's Michelle! What a fun Project Parade this month? I have been lovin' what the Divas have done so far.

My project is something I have never done before. I altered letters! Yep. It was challenging, but I love how these little guys turned out!


So... GIMMIE A "J"...
GIMMIE AN "O"...
GIMMIE A "Y"...
WHAT DOES THAT SPELL? ...
Sorry Verve fans, this project has been removed for Publication!  Look for it in the 2011 Winter issue of Paper Creations.

Aren't these cute? I bought them at Joann's for $1.29 each. They measure 6" tall and come white! I love the white base, cause then I don't have to paint them-LOL! Easier the better I say, that's how I roll during the holidays!

First I covered the letters with Bella Blvd, December Details pattern paper and then adorned them with stamped images from Holly Jolly and Christmas in the Air. It's all about personal taste and what is in your stash. Everything on these letters I already had. These letters are a nice inexpensive way to add a personal touch.

So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your homemade goodies for the upcoming giving season! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not use 'em?

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes! To enter, just link up your Home for the Holidays creation to the Mr. Linky widget on THIS post before midnight MST on Thursday, November 26. One lucky stamper will win a $30 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Nov 11 - 25) will win their choice of any Verve set.

Thanks for stopping by and have fun with this one!!

49 comments:

  1. Ooooh my.... this is wonderful! I love it! The white base is key I think... love that!!! Love the papers and embellies you used too! Super great project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowsers--that is too cute!! I am just going to have to CAS you on this one!! I so love it and what a great gift for not much money!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Michelle, these are AWESOME!!! I love the shapes of the letters and those papers and embellishments are fantastic!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! What a wonderful gift and it would brighten any home. Thanks so much for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! Love the paper, stamps, and embellishments! I've seen those letters at Joann's but didn't have any ideas on what to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle,

    this is sooo adorable, I am luvin the dp amd the embellies...great job my friend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun home decor!

    It's good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute and wonderful! They are sure to brighten any room with holiday cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! This is a fabulous project!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful project. I love all the embellishments and papers you used. TFS
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these letters! Just a beautiful job on these and so case'ing this idea :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, so pretty and whimsical. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERY cute! I have some letters in my stash from several years ago that I had plans to alter myself... Perhaps I should try to get to it during this parade? :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME!!!! Love the fun letters! You did an amazing job on these, can't believe this is your first altered letters!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is darling! Love the little jingle bells on the J and the ornaments hanging on the Y...great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are adorable! Looks like a "JoAnn" stop is on my schedule. I love the way you embellished each one... they are fabulous, Michelle. Super gift.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fabulous, Michelle! Love the DP and all the little details you've added to each letter. You would never know you had never done them before!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is one of my favorite projects highlighted. So great to not have to paint the letters before altering. Love this, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I love it! This will have to be a project my daughter and I will make this year. Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your letters turned out sooo good. I love the papers you chose and that wonderful tree again.

    Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your altered letters, and how great that they came pre painted! That is always nice when it is all ready for you and you don't have to do one more step! I love the bright and happy colors! So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the projects so far, but think this is my fave so far! Love your embellishments you chose...so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cute - I love this project - it would look great on my fireplace...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh so fabulous! Love everything about these! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another great project - this has been a great gift idea filled parade! I actually think I could do this one LOL!! Not that I don't want to do all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, they have really turned out cute! You did a great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. I ABSOLUTELY love them!!! What a perfect idea! They would also work great if you do Christmas goodie baskets for neighbors, family, and/or friends. You could use the first letter of their last name, decorate it and add it to the basket to personalize it! Think I might have to try that this year! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great home made decoration! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. ok, you ladies are definately in the letter altering mood. Once again, beautiful colors and these are great to use as sketches as well.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely gorgeous! Good for you for trying something so different from cards and making it look so easy. Love the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aaack - so the J over at your blog and had to run over here and see the rest....LOOOOVE it girlie. This came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. beautiful! love the papers and LOs :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Michelle this is so perfect, absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very Cute!! Love the jingle bells, snowflakes... all the embellies!! What a wonderful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is the cutest thing!! Love the colors and papers used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOVE IT! The colors and papers used are wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a great Christmas display! So very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great wall decor! I've seen letters made of various materials in craft stores but couldn't think of what to do with them but seeing your project has sparked some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am truly blown away by all of the projects being showcased. Wow. These letters are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  40. great! must get to Js and get some letters

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love this! What a great and simple idea for an adorable decoration! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete