Thursday, October 8, 2009

Encouraging Words: Day 5

Hello friends, it's Teresa bringing to you day five of the encouraging words project parade. I so much want to encourage others, so this was a truly exciting project for me, I have a very special friend who will be receiving this gift. Hi Kim, I hope you are encouraged and know you are very special to me.



I found this small easel at the dollar store and thought it would be perfect holding 4 x4 encouraging cards. I made seven different cards, one for each day of the week. I also made this 4 x4 box to hold everything. I have to agree with Amber, Julee has brought to you the best stamps around for encouragement. I used Miracles Blossom for the box tag and Happiness Found for the card on the easel.




Stamps used in clockwise order, starting in the upper left:
Psalm 121: 1-2, Happiness Found, Hebrews 11:1, and Philippians 4:13


I used the fabulous dp from My Mind's Eye 29th Street Market Collection. I used lots of bling, a gorgeous red ribbon, SU baja breeze ribbon, buttons, and scoring. I wanted each card to be uniquely different and personal. I hope you can play along with us and make someone 's day with a encouraging word. I really enjoy looking at every one's creation.



Stamps used in clockwise order starting from the top left:
1 Chronicles 16:34, Happiness Found, Matthew 11:28, and 1 Peter 5:7





So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your card or project focused on encouraging words or friendship. Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;) And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!

To enter, just link up your creation focused on encouraging words or friendship to the Mr. Linky widget on the DAY 1 POST before midnight MST on Sunday, October 18. One lucky stamper will win a $35 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Oct 5 - 17) will win their choice of any Verve set. Have fun!

45 comments:

  1. How pretty is this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Nice gift for your friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These projects look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the color combination. It's so subtle and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I love that project. The square cards are soo cute. And the dp is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful set! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! What a great gift!

    Shelly :)
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. how gorgeous!! love the cards and the DPs you used :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness ~ what a wonderful way to encourage your friend! You did a beautiful job on your set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this box set of cards! Very pretty and INSPIRING! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful gift set, Teresa! Great DP, layouts and sentiments. Kim will love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful set this is! Wow -- I love the lines of the layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a great idea and a pretty gift.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very pretty and what a nice gift. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Picture perfect artwork! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty and great bling.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the colours and sentiments! So beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this beautiful colour combo. Your friend is blessed to receive such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this project idea and I can think of a couple of friends who would love something like this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a great idea! I want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I am certain your friend will ge encouraged and thankful for such a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful set of cards! Love the colors used here; tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Incredible set of cards, Teresa!! Love the cute little easel...wouldn't it be great to set that on a desk and change the verses periodically? LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely stunning and so beautifully done, Teresa!!! Wonderful gift box and card selection!!! Wonderful ensemble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow this is so special! your friend will adore it, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A great gift idea. Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another fabulous gift idea. Thanks for all the inspiration! Your card set is lovely *those sentiments are wonderful* and the box - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. teresa...holy cow, woman! you've been busy! LOL! what a terrific box and gorgeous encouragement pages! this will definitely be a encouragement for your friend! amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful gift! I love the colors and all the cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful gift! Love the colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome box! Love the colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. GET OUT!!!! This IS AMAZING! What and awesome project and a great idea!!! I totally want to try this one out!! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a pretty set of cards to give for an encouraging word project.

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful and inspiring set! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This little card set is beautiful! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  38. those cards are AMAZING!!!! what a great gift idea - love the easel with them.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a sweet gift combo! Love the encouraging cards and the easel find!

    ReplyDelete