Saturday, October 10, 2009

Encouraging Words: Day 6

Hi everyone, it's Michelle! I'm here on Day 6 to share with you my card of Encouraging Words. There many occasions when people need some encouragement. My card today is for a great friend who is very sick right now.

This card uses Wishing You. This set can be used for so many different occasions -I LOVE that!! I wanted to use colors and paper that are cheerful, so I used Cosmo Cricket Early Bird. The prima flowers all have vintage brown buttons from my granny's tin as their centers and I used lots stickles for some extra happy sparkle. The silver pearls and cord add another bright and cheerful touch.

The amazing sketch is today's Sketch For You to Try from fellow Diva, Jen!

So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your card or project focused on encouraging words or friendship. Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, we'd love to see 'em.

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes! To enter, just link up your creation to the Mr. Linky widget on the DAY 1 POST before midnight MST on Sunday, October 18. One lucky stamper will win a $35 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Oct 5 - 17) will win their choice of any Verve set. Have fun!

42 comments:

  1. Michelle, I adore all the extra special touches, they are perfect, gorgeous card!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the little details that make this card special. I adore the tiny beads, the buttons, and the beautiful flowers. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colors and I love the sparkly flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! The cheerful colors, sparkle and extra little touches make this card awesome!

    Shelly :)
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Michelle! It is sure to cheer your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely job on this card. Love the border you created and the mini silver half pearls you used on the sentiment panel. I'm sure your friend will love receiving it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will certainly brighten your friends day. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sparkly flowers and all of your little details that make this a super card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I'm really liking that border punch (?). I've seen it on several cards now and I'm thinking I need to find it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sunny colors to brighten someone's day. I like the sparkle to those flowers and the little alternating beads; tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This lovely card would certainly be a day-brightener!! Love the DP and little pearl accents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful! love all the sparkle- the pearls, flowers, cord- love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful, Michelle!!! Wonderful colors, patterns, and detailing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is beautiful and I'm sure will bring a ray of sunshine to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a thoughtful and lovely card. The flowers give it just the right touch. Your friend will definetly love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card. I love the colors - so cheery.
    JoAnn (scrappingnana4@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see a little something new each time I look at this card! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope your friend really enjoys this special gift made just for her and hope she gets better fast! I love all the extra sparkle you added to this card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another stunner! Great work.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such bright and cheery colours (I feel better already - LOL) Thanks for sharing your wonderful designing diva talents.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet card! It will definitely make someone's day brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. michelle...what a gorgeous card! what attention to detail...love every little accent and embellishment! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's all in the details! Beautiful card. Thanks for the ideas!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the glittered flowers. Might have to use that one! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so pretty! I love the paper you chose and the accenting colors are great. Perfect detail too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cheery card! I love the paper and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card - the papers and colors and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous card, Michelle. I love the glittery flowers and the way you added interest to the sentiment by adding something in between the wording.

    ReplyDelete
  29. love all the little details on your project...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the papers and colors - and all the extra details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the sparkle on the flowers!! Love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so full of yummy glitteriness and sweetness - so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pretty card! I love the glittery flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful card! That would perk up anybody...

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this DP and the border with the silver pearls. Really cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card, so many beautiful touches.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love this card. I love the pattern paper. I love all the extra little sparkly touches. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. how could anyone NOT feel better after receiving such a beautiful cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love all of the details on this Michelle! Great job :o)

    ReplyDelete