Monday, October 5, 2009

Project Parade Challenge: Day One

Greetings Verve fans! It's day one of the new Project Parade and this month's theme is...

Encouraging Words/Friendship



When we came up with this theme, I knew that I wanted to do something elegant and simple. This is what I came up with...



I started with a simple palette of black, white and kraft. To make it pop, I added the deep red satin ribbon and the rhinestones. The card measures 5.5" square and I used Nestabilities and my Slice machine (Vintage Findings cartridge) for the die cuts. I used one of the sentiments from Swan Song. I really like how I am finding that many of die cuts/cartridges match up with so many of the Verve sentiments. I feel like I doubled my use of the stamps, because not only is there a way to coordinate the sentiment with one of the stamped images, but now I can use the die cuts to enhance them as well.
-Jen


So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your card or project focused on encouraging words or friendship. Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;)

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your creation focused on encouraging words or friendship to the Mr. Linky widget below before midnight MST on Sunday, October 18. One lucky stamper will win a $35 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Oct 5 - 17) will win their choice of any Verve set.

Happy stamping!
We can't wait to see what you create!






49 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love the little bird in the corner to match the sentiment! Lovely card, I can't wait to see what the other divas create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! That red satin ribbon is SO striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I love the color combination. It's so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful clean and simple design. This is such a great sentiment for this parade. Beautiful color scheme! Very elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just so lovely, Jen! The colours work so well together...the red really pops! Can't wait to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this Jen, it is a encouarging statement for sure, the pop of red is the perfect touch!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this set. It is always nice to have a beautiful sentiment for a card for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Picture PERFECT! Love the sketch & colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Jen. That red ribbon is just the right amount of pop for that very elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunner. Love the color scheme.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. Love this color combo and that red ribbon just pops.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card! I think the soaring bird is the perfect embellishment on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love the colors! I'm always on the lookout for encouraging sentiments, especially if they are scriptures. Sure hope to see some this release!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! love you card! that black white and kraft ROCK together!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card Jen, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I love the color combo, especially how the red ribbon really stands out. Great job! Thanks for the ideas.

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've given a perfect example of the fact that so many of Julee's sentiments are really the focal point of a card! Simple elegance really sums up this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sharp! Love the color combo, and the red ribbon really pops!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE it! Love the pop of red and the layout is wonderful! Great matting of the sentiment panel too. Great card mama to be :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that pop of red color - one of my fav color combos! Awesome sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is beautiful! i really love the color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love kraft, red and brown.
    This is so elegant.
    I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! The cards are so beautiful! I especially love the first one and how the inside is so nicely decorated! I can never figure out how to decorate the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card. I look forward to the parade. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great challenge, Jen! Love your simply stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh pretty. Its so clean and elegant looking. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That bird die cut is just perfect and these colors are my favorite together!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty. The dove die cut is the perfect embellishment for the card. One of my favorite color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So nice...love all the details and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty card. Love the colors.
    JoAnn (scrappingnana4@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this sentiment...makes me want to sing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful and elegant. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautiful card! I am so excited - I finally played along!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such an elegant card layout and colour combination. So inspiring to look at. What a great sentiment to encourage someone.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  35. jen...this is such a beautiful card! love the colors, the clean and crisp lines, and the attention to detail! i am loving the theme for this month's parade...you've done such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very elegant - love the simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. this is sooooo lovely Jen!!! LOVE this project and the die cut is perfect!!! you rock girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful card. I really like this color combination.

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a beautiful card - I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the stamps and card! Can't wait to get some new ones...

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love red in combination with kraft. And this card looks very elegant !

    ReplyDelete
  42. This color combination is so pretty and elegant. What a wonderful sentiment as well for a special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This card is so classy and elegant. I love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful card...the red ribbon just makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I have been out of the loop--out of town for a wedding but have been reading to catch up and am excited about the new stamps to come--love your theme and hope I get to play today after church.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love that pop of color - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is beautiful and love the pop of red with the ribbon :o)

    ReplyDelete