Thursday, October 8, 2009

Encouraging Words Challenge: Day 4

What a fabulous challenge this month. Julee has such a wonderful gift of coming up with encouraging sentiments! That's one reason I've always been drawn to her images. So when I found out that this month we were to make a project to encourage someone, I got excited. I knew the exact person I wanted to make something for. I've been blessed to have a personal trainer since March, and she's a sweet little thing. She brings the *hurt*, believe me, but with a smile and encouragement. On two occasions, she commented that she loved the color of nail polish I had on and that she was going to go look for that very color. So I thought I'd get some for her. I also included a base and top coat. Of course I had to make a gift box for it. The bottles are oval and the Standard Oval Nestabilities worked beautifully to hold the bottles in place with an insert.

I combined a few different images for this project. The Fleur de lis and striped backgrounds are from the Bountiful Backgrounds Set, the Star is from You Rock, and believe it or not, there's a star on the bg tag too (if you click on the photo, you can see it better) from the Starstruck set, as is the sentiment on the inside. The tag shape is Labels 5 (Spellbinders), and I added some ribbon, bling, and a decorative border. That's it. I hope you've enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed making it!!
Tosh ~

So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your card or project focused on encouraging words or friendship. Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;)
As with all of our project parades, we've got prizes! To enter, just link up your creation focused on encouraging words or friendship to the Mr. Linky widget in THIS post before midnight MST on Sunday, October 18. One lucky stamper will win a $35 gift certificate to the Verve Store. That'll buy you a whole lot of encouragement;) For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Oct 5 - 17) will win their choice of any Verve set.

Happy stamping!We can't wait to see what you create!

47 comments:

  1. wow, this is fabulous Toah, you have put everything together perfectly.......great gift idea!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and hip project. She will love your thoughtful gift and beautiful creation.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and such a nice little gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so amazing! It's so cute and girly, and I just love the colors. Thanks for the terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is adorable! i really love the colors and DPs you chose :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...that is a super fabulous project. The box itself is so cool. And card...sooo pretty. Terrific color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trainer is going to flip - what a wonderful gift!! Maybe she'll cut back on the "burn" factor in your next workout :D Fabulous details, brilliant use of the oval nesties and a great gift set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tosh - this is so awesome!! And what a neat idea! And a personal trainer -- that is SUPER cool!!! As always, I am so inspired by your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice gift! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so cool! i love the box and it is decorated so beautifully. such a smart idea, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I need to do something like this for my granddaughter! She is doing a great job at school and grandma needs to recognize this.
    Thanks
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful and thoughtful project. I'm sure she will love it.
    JoAnn (scrappingnana4@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fleur de lis images! They are my favourites! What a lovely and encouraging gift...she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome project, Tosh!!! I bet your trainer will LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a wonderful idea and such great creativity to pull off the packaging.

    She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool!! What a great project & thoughtful gift! Maybe your trainer will take it easy on you.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great gift. I love that you made the box for the nail polish too! Very beautiful. Love the colors and the Verve sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This set you made is Gorgeous! You ladies on this design team are so amazing! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a thoughtful gift and the packaging is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful! I love how elegant it is!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty! What a great gift. Thanks for the inspiration!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just so pretty! I love the way this set turned out, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh, I love the way you mixed stamp images from different sets. They still look like they go together! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! You have truly inspired me to ceate something of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic and thoughtful personalized gift!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am always drawn to this color combo. Pretty project; tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely awesome gift idea, Tosh! You really 'nailed' this one!! Yes, pun intended! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tosh, You NAILED it, girl!!! I just love this!!! I love how you used the bountiful backgrounds and the whole nail polish design and ensemble is sensational!!! Love that little touch of a pink button on the star...just fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. how fun is this card & gift! I bet your trainer will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love,Love,Love this soo much!...and you used my favorite color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  31. How cool is that. Love how the gift and the card match. That always says - "I care" because of the effort you put in. Super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  32. tosh...how fun! ok...#1...ouch, a trainer! LOL! and #2...what an amazing gift! i know your personal trainer will love this! what a sweet and encouraging gift! awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is just the most wonderful gift! Such a great ideas. The colors are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  34. WoW!!! I want one too Tosh!! What a great gift idea! SImply fantastic! Beautifully done! YOU rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a nice gift to give your personal trainer.

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful gift idea. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW, this is such a nice gift idea. I like the DP and of course the colors !

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW..... I love this gift idea. I still think that I may have to get this set....... I left it off my last order but........ ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous! I'd love to receive this as a gift! lol It's so pretty and classy.

    ReplyDelete