Friday, September 9, 2011

August Diva Dare ~ Day 10

Hello there! TGIF, right? Amber here with Day 10 of the August Diva Dare! For those of you who are new to this challenge, here is how it works...following each release, we will post a theme that we dare you with, and you'll have two weeks to complete the challenge. During those two weeks, the release team will post their creations and tell you how they answered the dare!

This month, our theme is Sending Some Sunshine! Isn't that fun? This dare is totally open to any interpretations you might have, so jump right in and play with us!

I have a friend I've been missing a whole lot lately, and I thought it would be fun to send her a card to let her know!


There were SO many amazing stamps and dies released this past month, so I knew it was a bit of a chore deciding which ones I wanted to use. I decided on You and I and it's companion die set, I Heart YOu. All of the stamps on this card are from You and I, plus the matching dies, in addition to the Jotted Heart die and the smallest banner from the Charming Banner die set...


I clear embossed the "i" and "u" and used the heart for the dot instead of the regular dot...make sense? LOL! I tied a bit of twine around the "i" for some added interest.


Here you can see that I stamped "you" on the Charming Banner die and slid it into the opening on the "u"! I love how easy these dies make a card! Seriously, this card took me less than 20 minutes. I love that! The paper is from BG's new line, Indie Bloom! I love the bright *sunny* colors and patterns in this pad:)
  1. Play along with us and link up your new Sending Some Sunshine creation (posted August 26 or later) to the linky widget at the bottom of THE DAY 1 POST before 9PM Mountain on Sunday, September 11. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would LOVE to see ‘em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Sending Some Sunshine creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing! Winners will be announced on Monday, September 12 right here on the Verve blog.

Now it's YOUR turn! We DARE you to show us your creations!
And then DARE you to send it away!!

26 comments:

  1. Lovely card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clear embossing on your card. And the button and twine treatment on the "I" is really nice! Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It's so soft and sweet. Who wouldn't want to open this one up! Every time I see this die set in action, I know I "need" to buy it. Love how you used it and the heart "dot" is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I love that paper and the way it goes into different colors. That I Love U die is just soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely sunshiney, Amber! Love the paper, how you dotted your "I" and tucked the banner die. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so trendy and sweet! I love that gorgeous paper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute as can be! Love the pattern paper with the craft and the twine around the "i" I also like how you rounded the one corner and left the other one straight. It adds an interesting touch to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card! The white around the kraft letters really make them pop against the bg paper and the heart is such a great touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I love the clear embossing on the i, heart and u!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely way to let a friend know that she is in your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too cute, Amber! Love the twine on the "i" and the DP is fabulous. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Love the kraft, and I totally love this set, my fave from the release!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the offset panel on this card! It really draws the eye! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card. Love those big letters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. like the clear embossing but I really love the twine over the I what a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I (heart) it! Such a cute card, very nice job, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card! I just love the paper you used for the background. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute! Love the kraft letters and that paper you used is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. just scrumptious, Schoompy!! I love the dotted "heart" over the "i." So clever :) Lovin' the new papers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is awesome Amber, I adore the "i heart u" main focus...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute and I like the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm really liking these new sets and dies. Your card is totally cute, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the clean look of your card and how all the focus is on the die-cut sentiment. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the softness of your card with the PP but the graphics of the die cuts. The whiteness softens them up enough.

    ReplyDelete
  25. eek! I love the heart dotting the i!

    ReplyDelete