Thursday, August 25, 2011

August Diva Dare - Day 1


Welcome to the August Diva Dare!  For those of you that are new to this challenge, here is how it works...following each release, we will post a theme that we dare you with, and you'll have two weeks to complete the challenge. During those two weeks, the release team will post their creations and tell you how they answered the dare!

This month's theme is Sending Some Sunshine!  If you all are anything like me, you have tons of cards sitting at home all piled up!  I thought it would be fun to make an uplifting & cheerful card and actually send it to someone!  There's nothing like opening your mailbox and seeing a handmade card...especially with some of Verve's encouraging sentiments on it!  :-)

So, we DARE you to make an uplifting and encouraging card AND send it to someone in need of a little pick-me-up!
 
 

 Here is how I answered the dare...  I knew I wanted my card to be encouraging, and I do love me some vintage colors...so I combined them together!  I used the Curvy Bookplate and hope stamps from the Tag Time set, the Keep Fighting sentiment from the Words of Wisdom set, and the matching Curvy Bookplate die.  To carry out the vintage theme, I distressed all of the edges!

Want to know how you can win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES?
  1. Play along with us and link up your new Sending Some Sunshine creation (posted August 26 or later) to the linky widget below before 9PM Mountain on Sunday, September 11. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would  LOVE to see ‘em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Sending Some Sunshine creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing!  Winners will be announced on Monday, September 12 right here on the Verve blog.
Now it's YOUR turn!  We DARE you to show us your creations!


Click the "Click here to enter" link above for the Diva Dare entry form.
Please type your name or screen name in the Caption or Title field, then choose the link and photo you'd like to enter. Please link directly to the specific blog post or gallery page where we can view your creation. 

Note: If you have trouble linking, try entering the link to your card, then choosing From File instead of From Web. Then just browse to where your picture is saved on your computer to get your thumbnail. Sometimes it takes a moment for your picture to show up after you've used the widget. If it doesn't appear right away, click the control button + F5 to refresh the images on the page.

37 comments:

José said...

I only discovered Verve lately and am in LOVE with your dies and stamps! My order fell on my doormat this week and I am thrilled to bits!
This card is just beautiful. Love the colors and the distressed sides. That sun with the bike is a great find!
Have a great day.
Sunny greetings from the Netherlands,
Jose

Shawnee said...

Very pretty!!

Ravengirl said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, all vintaged up like this! Fun buttons down the side too!

Nicole said...

Wow. I so love the papers and colors you used. Such a timeworn feeling. Great sentiment. Definitely inspiring.

craftymom205 said...

Great vintage feeling card. Love the colors.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

renee said...

love this card...it is beautiful..the message couldn't mean any more to me..recently facing new health concerns, it is like you mailed it especially to me...couldn't come at a better time..i realized today, on my BD, that this is the message I want to follow...thanks so much for sharing your art, and your meaningful message.

KanataNewf said...

Now this is a lovely card - it would definitely lift anyone's spirits. Must give some thought to this month's challenge to see what I can come up with - maybe even use my new Verve that arrived yesterday from the last release!

Sarah Gough said...

absolutely gorgeous!

scrappingnana said...

Gorgeous card. Love the vintage style and all the elements. TFS

Tricia said...

Your card is so pretty! I love all the details -- the buttons and the little paperclip and the distressing and the bling on the heart. I know someone will be so encouraged by this card!!

Marsha said...

Such a pretty card. Love so many of the element of it - BG paper, clip, colors, buttons. It will bring sunshine to the recipient.

Banu said...

Gorgeous card. Loved it.

K. Joy said...

This is gorgeous!! I really love this color combo!! And the buttons and twine are such fun additions! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the colors and papers...what a beautiful, vintage style card!

Moosisk said...

Love your card! It is very encouraging. The bicycle going uphill is a great image for the theme. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

Eli said...

I love to visit your blog. The cards are beautiful and stamps look really great. Too bad Verve does not ship to Croatia (and does not have any digital products). But, I will try and somehow get these stamps. ;)

Maureen said...

I just LOVE the colours and papers you chose, Laurie! This is just so beautiful and the recipient I'm sure will have their spirits lifted :)

Sue D said...

Great dare and I like the sentiment on your vintage card.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Marisa said...

Love all the sponging and the multi-looped twine bow is fabulous. Great card and a great dare too :)

Heather said...

Great card! I hope you do actually send it, the recipient will definitely feel encouraged.

Cheryl said...

Love the vintage look and the buttons. I tend to think of encouraging cards as very bright and light, but your card is perfectly encouraging. Love it!

Lisa M. said...

This is just lovely! I'm excited about this Diva Dare! I need to make soooo many of these cards! LOL!

Lin said...

This is a great idea for a challenge! Love that heart you added to your card!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is a beauty, great elements Laurie and I luv this months theme...thanks!

enjoy *~*

Tanya said...

This is totally gorgeous! I agree, there is nothing like receiving a handmade card, I have gotten a few and it's always such a wonderful feeling.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Oh I couldn't agree more and just bought a new card box to hold the cards I'm going to mail off! I love the colors you chose and that sentiment is perfect!

Marlena M. said...

Such a beautiful card! I love those colors and the distressed look. ;)

naturecoastcrafter said...

I see so many of my favorite designers and people with whom I've played in Virtual Stamp Night there on the right! No wonder I love the stamps. My bundle arrived today. I don't know where to begin but these challenges might be just the place.

Tarjteachr said...

I always love your cards!

zehra said...

Lovely layout and card, love the buttons on the side.TFS

Sabine said...

What a wonderful vintage style card! ♥ the colours, the stamps and the buttons!

webmistress said...

I'm loving this challenge and the opportunities to win - it's so hard to find Scripture-based stamps and these are such high quality and hold ink well (where with other clears I'd have to use chalk ink)... I'm inspired! Hope to post my creation soon - thank for your unique products and this challenge.

Dori said...

Fun! am going to try to participate for the first time this month

Jennipher Lowery said...

Incredible card! This sentiment is so perfect for a variety of situations in life; whether fighting an illness or for a special cause. I can envision so many great uses for it.

Mistylynn said...

I like that sentiment! Thanks for the dare. I'm on my own mission I'm 34 cards into and 80 card send!

Holly M said...

Great vintage card, Laurie! I love all your elements including that sweet paper clip on the word hope and your collage look.

Janet Z said...

Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration!!