Monday, August 29, 2011

August Diva Dare - Day 2

Good morning everyone!  It's Charmaine and today I'm sharing my answer to the August Diva Dare with you!  For those of you who are new to this challenge, here is how it works...following each release, we will post a theme that we dare you with, and you'll have two weeks to complete the challenge. During those two weeks, the release team will post their creations and tell you how they answered the dare!

This month's theme is Sending Some Sunshine!  So, we're actually going to SEND our card to someone for this challenge.  :)  When I was thinking of who I would send my card to, I thought of this sweet, sweet girl who is ALWAYS making cards and sending them to sick children.  Her name is Emersyn, she is 9 years old, and she is such a sweetheart.  She also has a Cards For Kids Facebook page. She loves crafting and loves putting a smile on a child's face.  I am going to send my card to her (along with others in my stash) so that she can pass them along to more sick children. 

For my card, I used the Sunny Days set along with papers from the Early Bird Collection from Cosmo Cricket.  I stamped the flowers onto patterned papers and cardstock and cut them out.  Then I added buttons with twine to the centers.  I stamped the sprigs onto Kraft cardstock in black ink and die cut them with the Leafy Sprigs Die Set

Want to know how you can win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES?


  1. Play along with us and link up your new Sending Some Sunshine creation (posted August 26 or later) to the linky widget at the bottom of THE DAY 1 POST before 9PM Mountain on Sunday, September 11. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would LOVE to see ‘em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Sending Some Sunshine creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing! Winners will be announced on Monday, September 12 right here on the Verve blog.

Now it's YOUR turn! We DARE you to show us your creations!

27 comments:

  1. So sweet. Love those flowers done with the patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern paper flower. Great card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have definitely captured the sunshine theme. Warm, happy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Charmaine. I love those flowers! And what a sweet idea to send this card to that great cardmaking girl along with a couple of others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little girl! I know your cards will bring a smile to her face as well as to the children she sends them to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a special 9 year old! She'll love receiving your cards! This is a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charmaine...this is just so lovely and cheery :) What a great place to send this and what a sweet girl for collecting the cards :) LOVE the papers and stamps you chose for this :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cheery card! What a wonderful story of a young girl so focused and with such a giving spirit at 9! Wow! I'm thinking about who to send a card to and then I will make it just for them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely a warm, cheerful card! Loved the story of the little girl on a card mission for children. I'll have to tell my 7-year old about that. She loves hearing about children who do amazing things. ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A totally deserving recipient Charmaine and what a great way to treat her for all she does for others :) Love the flower arrangement and the cute DPs you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card! It is so cheery and colorful. I think it's great that you are supporting a budding artist with her charity. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow Charmaine I luv the patterns you have put together...such a beauty!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a gorgeous card and wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love the flowers. BG is great. Thanks for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much cuteness from the simple little flower stamps! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So bright and cheerful! Love the touch of twine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a cheerful card! I love how cute and how well the stamped flowers and the papers match!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your paper choices!!! I've not played with the Diva Dare before....I guess I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is beautiful. Such a worthy cause to participate in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is very pretty. I used it as an inspiration for my second card. I hope that is not against the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A sweet card for a really sweet girl made by a very sweet lady. I am inspired by all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card, loved the whole look, the papers, the flowers, just awesome and your gesture is so wonderful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute, Charm! I really like the mix of different papers and patterns and the leaf die with the little button flowers...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This has a fun whimsical feel to it! The patterns are bright and encouraging. Definitely would brighten anyone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is sure to bring a ray of sunshine into someone's life! Great colors and your button flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This card is definitely full of sunshine!! Love the papers you used and those flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete