Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August Diva Dare - Day 3


Hello crafting lovelies! Andrea checking in and I'm here to tell you that it's that time again, time for the Diva Dare! For those of you that are new to this challenge, here is how it works...following each release, we will post a theme that we dare you with, and you'll have two weeks to complete the challenge.  During those two weeks, the release team will post their creations and tell you how they answered the dare!

This month we dare you to make a card, project, layout, or whatever fits your stamping style using this month's theme - Sending Some Sunshine! I know that I have boxes filled with cards sitting at home all piled up!  I'm ashamed to say that some of them are falling apart. The Divas thought it would be fun to make an uplifting & cheerful card and actually send it to someone!  There's nothing like opening your mailbox and seeing a handmade card...especially with some of Verve's encouraging sentiments on it! 

Here's a card that I made using Verve's newest releases, Words of Wisdom, You & I stamp sets and I Heart U dies paired with the previously released Classy Label die. I fashioned a medallion out of kraft and cream card stock using Martha's Layered Arches corner punch.  I then adhered the Classy Label die with a 2" X 1 1/4" rectangle panel for my sentiment. To dress it up a bit, I added some Platinum liquid pearls and black gems:


I plan on mailing this to a fellow blogger who is going through a life threatening illness so I'm sure that a little handmade card would be a tiny bright spot in her day. You can read about her story here. Keep fighting, You!

Want to know how you can win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES?


  1. Play along with us and link up your new Sending Some Sunshine creation (posted August 26 or later) to the linky widget at the bottom of THE DAY 1 POST before 9PM Mountain on Sunday, September 11. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would LOVE to see ‘em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Sending Some Sunshine creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing! Winners will be announced on Monday, September 12 right here on the Verve blog.
Now it's YOUR turn! We DARE you to show us your creations!

27 comments:

  1. Stunning. I would never have thought to pair that lovely paper with the black. It's so bold. Love it. Best wishes to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold colors of the card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card - I am sure it will be appreciated by the recipient. Definitely an uplifting sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad that you're sending it to Janelle! It will be a blessings, I know. I need to send her a card today, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I know this will be a real day brightener for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Love the paper combination and what a gorgeous way to do the sentiment! Fabulous!
    I am sure your fellow blogger will much appreciate your sweet gesture in these hard times for her.
    Greetings from the Netherlands!
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card Andrea! It's sure to be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thank you for including the link to the person to whom you will be sending this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful bold colours to match the sentiment. Great deatils on the sentiment panel and loving the silver twine in the button. Sure to be greatly appreciated by the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful uplifting card. I really like the black with the bright colors, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. The die cuts and paper you used are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card and your thoughfulness for your friend is truly inspiring! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that silver cord bow!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the black with the platinum liquid pearls against the feminine floral bg paper. Thanks for posting the link for Janelle's blog. I will be praying for her. She is an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea, I luv this....the patterns are amazing together.....fabulous card girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is gorgeous, I love the way you combined the sets

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very striking card and great sentiment for your fellow blogger.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this card! The black and white with the floral is just stunning. Thanks for sharing it with us today for the Diva Dare. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great card! I love the black - sets off the colors so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Andrea, this is gorgeous! So much flavor. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and that backgroud paper is a stunner. Janelle is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The dp is awesome, the dies are cool, this is such beautiful card to receive. Great card TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. aw, this is just beautiful, Andrea! Thanks so much for thinking of my friend :) I know it will lift her spirits :) You are the sweetest :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Simply beautiful card. I really like that black with the subtle colors of the pattern paper. Love the ribbon treatment too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the double bows, liquid pearls and beautiful floral patterned paper. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another inspirational card, Andrea. She is sure to love it. You do such a beautiful job on layering your borders and bows! I Love that pretty floral paper too, it really keeps the card soft and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beautiful! Love that focal medallion you created and that paper is yummy! This will definitely bring some sunshine to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete