Friday, September 10, 2010

August Release Project Parade-Day13

Happy Friday peeps, it is Teresa and I am thrilled to be taking you into the weekend with my version of the project parade of Something Old, Something New. Once again, the divas never cease to amaze me with their talent and ideas. Julee and all the divas...you are the best! I am one of those who luvs my Verve no matter if it is new or old, I do find myself reaching for it all the time. Julee's flowers are always divine, but next to those my favorite stamps are the scripture stamps. I knew I wanted to incorporate one of those into my project. For my project I took a 4x6 recycled paper notebook that I picked up a Target and Verve'd it up a bit. It is perfect, it has kraft on the inside covers and recycled white lined pages. I always like to make a matching card...lol..that is just what I do. Here is a picture of the book, I used Dream Big and Filigree Fantasy. I used one of the Maya Road kraft envelopes on the front and dressed it up a bit to make this sweet little notebook with a pocket on the front.

This is a close up of the little notebook I layered the flowers, added a buttons with twine, and of course some bling. 

This is a close up the card, I used one of the fabulous sketches from the last release week challenges. I added faux ribbon with the fun polka dotted chocolate paper. I used the 1 Peter5:7 stamp.
Whether old or new I hope you will play along, the details follow. I cannot wait to see what you create!

1. Play along with us and link up your new SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creation (posted August 25th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY 1 PARADE POST before midnight on Wednesday, September 15th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!


37 comments:

  1. Yummy! That notebook is awesome. It doesn't hurt that those are my favorite papers to craft with right now. {I wonder if I should get another pad just in case...LOL}. But look at all that detail. There is so much goodness going on for the eyes to feast on. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this is cute!!! Great idea!! The colors and layout of your notebook and card are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this. I will definitely have to try this cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Teresa, you are so amazing! These are SO GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous! love all the little details:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous notebook and matching card! Love your fun style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cards are beautiful! I love the blue with Kraft and touch of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...love it!! All the details and colors are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!! I love the colors and how you kept the card clean with just the embossed white background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layered flowers on the notebook. Lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love the little envelope on the front...what a great idea! You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the "cast all your cares" stamp and those splendid embossing dots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are just gorgeous! So much detail and love the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards. Love the embossing and layered flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love what you did with the Target notebook. Don't you just love that place!!! They always have cool things to alter. I really like the card, too. Thanks for sharing both of them with us during the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Teresa-
    You transformed that notebook into a beautiful piece of work. I love all the details and the colors for both profect.

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! So much fine detail. It's just beautiful. The notebook is really cool, too! I want to do one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an amazing project! I love it!! What a clever use of the envelope, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, beautiful projects. Love the notebook. Great job.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great colors and polka dot background!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE these! I adore working with kraft and the scallops (were those already on the envelope?) are scrumptious! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I just love that polka dot embossing..... ugh, do I need another one? Man, I gotta stop looking at blogs. Anyways- the flowers are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful. Great colors and that kraft is just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. so gorgeous, Tereas...love the flowers and all the little details you added...I sure love Julee's scripture verses too...so inspiring, like your project :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely color scheme--super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I LOVE these colors. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful work! I love what you did with the envelope... What an original idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great idea. Just love the notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sweet notebook...and a card to match! The flowers, the colors, it's all so pretty. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a great gift set. Those flowers are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How cute! I forget about makeing notebooks, thanks for the reminder! I love that Dream Big Flower. Verve does them the best...

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are both beautiful! I love the blossoms and texture. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, just beautiful! I love all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great, great, great!! I love the colors, details and all. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete