Monday, September 13, 2010

August Release Project Parade - Day 13!


Hi there!  Laurie here and I'm excited to share with you my project for this month's Project Parade!  The theme is "Something Old, Something New", so I took this opportunity to use one of my all time favorite Verve sets - Harvest Blessings (which just happens to be the Set of the Month right now and is currently 40% off)!

I created a little box holder to hold some mixed nuts - a perfect Fall treat!  Because Autumn in my favorite season, I just love to celebrate it (which includes giving treats to my friends :-)!

After stamping and coloring the wreath (from the Harvest Blessings set), I used the new Happy Hello set to create the inside border and sentiment!  A few embellishments, some Stickles, and ribbon later...my project was finished!

I hope you enjoyed my project today!  I would LOVE to see your projects using your favorite "old" and "new" set (and you might just win some cool prizes as well)!  Here are the details...

1. Play along with us and link up your new SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creation (posted August 25th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY 1 PARADE POST before midnight on Wednesday, September 15th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.



2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

30 comments:

  1. What a sweet little treat box! I don't usually think of blue and brown for autumn, but this totally works. Feeling warm and cozy and ready for some cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very sweet! This darling treat box has brightened my, otherwise gray, Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and so classy. The image frames the sentiment perfectly and makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - love the blue and brown and the sentiments too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love those colors together and the stamp set is really nice..I like the wreath. I might have to make a small (or large - lol) purchase this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie-
    I just adore this treat box and the colors are just so sudtle and clean. This is such a great idea for the holidays, and thank you for inspiration.

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue and brown for fall! So fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie, fall is my favorite season as well, what a great idea...fabulous design and stamping!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous!!! Love all the colours and the "old" stamp set :) Fabulous details on a sweet gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't go wrong with this colour combo and those nuts look delicious!! Love the box and the wreath you created. Lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color combo and the nut box. I was wondering what type of container to make this fall, this is just perfect. Great details too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness this is so cute. Great colors and such a friendly idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I lvoe the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your little box! I love the colors and the stamps. Thanks for sharing it with us during the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! I love the blue and brown together! Your projects blow me away... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colour combo of blue and brown...and topped off with a yummy snack! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea for a treat box. Love the color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO pretty! I love this sweet little box!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty in the blue and brown, I would not have thought of using these colors for the fall wreath, but it is gorgeous! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fall is my favourite season of the year.All the beautiful colors to enjoy and use in our projects. I love your colors, the blue and brown is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, one of may fave color combos and the stamps work great together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable little box! It is so cute and I love the circle focal.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this treat box, the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful... the brown and teal look lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the fall treat box. Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I'm in the Midwest and love when the trees change colors and the leaves start falling.
    Laurie
    happydales@me.com
    hipandhumblepaperworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great project!! I love the colors and details.

    ReplyDelete