Monday, September 13, 2010

August Release Project Parade ~ Day 14

Happy Tuesday, Verve fans!  It’s Mercy here with the final day of this month’s “Something Old, Something New” Project Parade.  Haven’t the Divas been knocking you out with their gorgeous creations days after day?  I took this theme as a personal challenge to not only combine both old and stamp sets, but to also use old and new patterned papers, cardstocks, embellishments, and techniques.  I hope you enjoy the end result as much as I enjoyed making it!

card_1457

With Christmas just around the corner, I wanted to take advantage of this month’s theme to create a card using the older sets “Star of Wonder” (sentiment) and “Holly Jolly Christmas” (holly accent) along with one of the newest releases “Fabulous You” (frame).  Julee was kind enough to send me an advanced copy of yesterday’s Mojo Monday #156 to use as a template for this seasonal delight…thanks so much, Julee!  I stitched the multiple strips of patterned paper, then distressed the edges of the completed panel.  The sentiment and frame were stamped onto the same White Cardstock panel, the the holly image was stamped onto a scrap piece of White Cardstock.  After the holly was colored, I cut it out and attached it to the sentiment panel using pop dots.  After adding some dry embossing, sponging, pearls, and TONS of extra pop dots the card was complete!

That’s it for me today!  Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to enter your favorite “old” and “new” project for a chance to win some wonderful prizes!  Here’s how to enter:

1. Play along with us and link up your new SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creation (posted August 25th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY 1 PARADE POST before midnight on Wednesday, September 15th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

GOOD LUCK & HAPPY STAMPING!!!

{{{Hugs}}}

Mercy

24 comments:

  1. Oh, Mercy...I just love this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas card. You did a great job with the multiple patterned papers!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Mercy...love your take on the old and new...with paper and embellishments :) You make everything look stunning and new :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those papers are yummy. And the red pearls are perfect for the holly berries. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE this beautiful Christmas card! The papers, stamps, and colors make me want to start making my own Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing with us on the last day of the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Love all the patterned paper and the stitching between each piece. Great layout and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love it! The patterned paper is beautiful. Perfect colors and in the right muted tone for me! I need some of that! Ha!

    I really like the sentiment you used, also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! Such a good idea to use old and new sets and papers! What a fabulous sketch to use up designer papers as well! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great Christmas card! Love all the papers and stitching!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great mix of DPs and use of the Mojo sketch. Darling Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a lovely Christmas card! I love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Love the stitching and the multiple patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely - the PP really dresses up such a simple arrangement! That frame adds a touch of elegance too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Love the mixing of the papers and the stitching. That's why I keep my scraps, for something like this, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great project! I love the use of the scraps as "something old!" Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the colors and all the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how pretty! Love all the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wauw, this is pretty! Love the colors and the papers and the stitching!! Looks great!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Merrcy,
    This card is so amazing!!! I love the colors and ofcourse all the pop dots you used...(I love pop dots too!!) I haven't even started thinking about my christmas cards and this is a wonderful piece for inspiration.

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry I spelled your name wrong....Oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW... that is absolutely stunning. I love the traditional colors in not strikingly Christmasy patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the papers you chose for a subtle christmas card.

    ReplyDelete