Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August Release Project Parade: Day One


Greetings Verve Fans!  It's time for some more inspiration using your Verve stamps with this month's Project Parade...

The theme for this Project Parade is "Something Old, Something New."  You might be thinking "wedding," but it's actually something just a little different.  We have challenged ourselves and YOU to use a previously released Verve set with one of the sets that was released on August 20th.  If you don't have both a new and an older Verve set, don't worry.  Just mix an older set from your stash with a new-to-you set and join the fun!  We'd love for everyone to play along!

My friend, Susan, created a super fun card with a spinning monkey a little while back and I just got an order for a girl's birthday card using a monkey.  I called Susan up and asked if she minded if I copied her for the Project Parade, since a certain 7.5 month old has been beating the creativity out of me (yep, I said that out loud!).  This is what I came up...


Detail shot of a wild birthday monkey...


The new set that I used is BIRTHDAY BASH and the previously released set, LOVE MONKEY.  Both are playful and fun and the images work well together.  I stamped the balloons slightly off the page.  We'll say that was completely on purpose and wasn't an accident that worked in my favor...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  Both the monkey and the balloons look great paper pieced.  I thought it would be a little much if I did both, so I just stuck with the balloons.  All in all, it's a fun and simple card that I hope will be the perfect one for the little girl it's made for.

1. Play along with us and link up your new SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creation (posted August 25th or later) to the linky widget on TODAY'S (Day 1) parade post before midnight on Wednesday, September 15th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

48 comments:

  1. Very sweet and I like the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the spinning monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute. I love the colors and that monkey is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monkeys always make me smile - my favorite show as a kid was Tarzan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too adorable...and monkeys make me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! Too adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card. Love the spinning monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat idea! I can't wait to dig into my Verve stash.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I just love cards that have interactive elements. Thanks for sharing it with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember when Susie made her spinning monkey :) Your's is wonderful as well. Love the paper pieced balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love what you did with the monkey! TOO CUTE!!! A great birthday card for a kid or anybody who like to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen this is super cute, the spinning monkey is sure to be a hit!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling little spinning monkey! I can't wait to play along. I'll be placing an order for some new Verve after camping this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The spinning monkey is too cute!!
    Beautiful card Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so adorable! I love that little spinning monkey. Way cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my is this adorable, that little monkey is so darned cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The spinning monkey is such a wonderful idea. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhhhh! Love it =) What a sweet little slider monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an absolutely adorable card...and I'm so impressed that you could capture the movement in your photo, Julee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card! Love the colours and that cute monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!!
    Wich stamps shall I use??

    Tea
    Cupcake
    Rock star??
    sunshine
    Easter??
    Wich one?
    R

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute! Love the spinning monkey!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute, cute, cute! I just got my new Love Story set and plan on using it for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How adorable and unique...it will be the hit of the pary!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eeep - so very cute....such a cheeky monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an adorable card! My middle daughter has a favorite monkey stuffed animal, and I can just imagine her loving that little spinning love monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awww, the monkey card is so cute! I love the colors and a spinner card looks so fun. I just received the Love Monkey set recently, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. absolutely love the twirling monkey! beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute, I love the love monkey set. I may have to dig it out.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a fun, cute card! I need to try one of these some day!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awww, what a cutie! Such a sweet fun card :>)

    ReplyDelete
  32. so adorable!!! I love the spinning monkey!!! Have never made a card like this but have received one :) Lucky little girl will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adorable!! Love the spinning monkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fabulous card--the spinning monkey is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! That card is so amazing! Love the colors and the technique...

    ReplyDelete
  36. What an amazing card, love every detail - colour, DP, image and LO. The receiver will ADORE it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the little spinning monkey! Love the colors too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I forget how much I love that ticket punch with scallops! I need to pull mine back out! Beautiful colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOVE that little monkey..just got the set myself yesterday. This is such a bright and cheerful card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my goodness... this is totally precious! I love the monkey - such an adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Ack! So so so cute! Monkeys are cute, but a spinning monkey? Super CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a fun card! Great colors! The spinning monkey is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  43. How fun! I love the colors; it adds to the silly monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  44. i love the concept of the card. Having the monkey spin it a very clever idea for a card. Great color combo too.

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very cute! I love the color combo used & how you incorporated the stripes above & below. Very nice. The Birthday Bash set is very versatile.

    ReplyDelete