Thursday, August 26, 2010

August Release Project Parade: Day 2


Hi there! Jen Tapler here with Day 2 of the August Release Project Parade. I just love this theme!! In case you missed Jen d.'s explanation yesterday, here's a recap of what we're doing this month: The theme for this Project Parade is "Something Old, Something New." You might be thinking "wedding," but it's actually something just a little different. We have challenged ourselves and YOU to use a previously released Verve set with one of the sets that was released on August 20th. If you don't have both a new and an older Verve set, don't worry. Just mix an older set from your stash with a new-to-you set and join the fun! We'd love for everyone to play along!

It seems that I have A LOT of friends with birthdays around this time of year and therefore I've been on a Birthday-Gift-Ensemble-making spree!! I was in desperate need of a last minute (and very late) birthday gift for my BFF, so I have another Card and gifty thing to share with you today using 2 of my favorite Verve sets - the new Dream Big and my old fave Bountiful Backgrounds!


I created a 5.5 inch square card with a Kraft cardstock base and a trio of those yummy layered Dream Big flowers in Stampin' Up's Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, and Pink Pirouette. And of course, one of my go-to looks is that white stamped polka dot background on Kraft! Love it. The "You're So Fabulous" sentiment is from Bountiful Backgrounds. I added some button centers to the two larger flowers, a couple of layered large scalloped borders and some white satin ribbon as simple embellishments on the card.


That little gift bag thing? I used a cut file for my Silhouette, sizing it just right so I could tuck a Border's Gift Card inside!


I've said it before, but I really love creating a special gift box or envelope to hold a gift card or money in addition to the standard card. I'm sure my BFF Sarah will appreciate this. (feel free to stop by her blog and wish her a Happy Belated Birthday, and while you're there be sure to remind her what an amazing friend I am. Maybe it will help her forgive me for totally forgetting her birthday and being so late with her gift!! LOL).

Then, come back and play along with us in the Something Old, Something New Project Parade!!

1. Play along with us and link up your new SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creation (posted August 25th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY ONE parade post before midnight on Wednesday, September 15th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

42 comments:

  1. Jen, your creations always make me do a happy sigh....this is sooo adorable, you make me want to stamp..luv it!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just way too sweet! I love what you've done with those gorgeous flowers and can't wait for mine to arrive =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful gift set. Love the dots and great big flowers.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, this is just the cutest ever! You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love how the base of your projects are quiet neutral tones and then your flowers are so vibrant. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card & treat bag!! I love how the coloured flowers look so pretty against the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! Kraft ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, those polka dots and flowers are sheer perfection together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright flowers on kraft. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, I have been seeing your work all over the internet these days!!! Great job!! Once your friend see's this card, she will totally forget you missed the big day!!
    Thanks for being so inspirational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and gift bag. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your projects here today. The colors just pop! Thanks for sharing them with us today during the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is killing me having to wait for this set to arrive LOL! Your flower is gorgeous as is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a nice gift set! Love the flowers and the background paper you made!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the kraft/tan with those bold beautiful flowers. And the little something extra with the bag for the gift card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty! I love the white dots on the kraft and the flowers just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wonderful. I know your BFF will love it. This new release is wonderful, but the old ones are too. TFS your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just so pretty - love the button centres on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The white polka dots on the kraft BG are perfect - that gorgeous flower really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great gift combo! I love those flowers from the new set, they look so fabulous layered like you did. I'm sure your friend will forgive you when she recieves your creation. : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! I love that new flower, already on my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the colors and those fantastic flowers combined with the bg's Jen!! Way cute and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the buttons as flower centers. SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty! I love this set. I can hardly wait to ink mine up. Hopefully this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  26. These flowers are gorgeous on the polka-dotted kraft background!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh Jen, I love this background with the flowers! It is just beautiful- someone is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. gorgeous bouquet of flowers, Jen :) and love the big bold one on the bag...LOVE polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the patterned paper you made with polka dots on kraft!! Those colorful flowers "pop"!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful designs... I love the layered flowers complete with a button center!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love all those layers on the blossoms and the treat bag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! I'm sure Sarah will forgive your lateness as soon as she receives these LOVELY creations!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So beautiful! Love all the flower layers! And the little gift bag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Red and Kraft. Red and Kraft. Red and Kraft. I need to remember that, because it's a beautiful combo here!

    ReplyDelete
  35. so simple and so beautiful! I love these flower stamps

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the color combo on this gift set..it's very nice! Such pretty flowers,too...very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh wow... I adore your color combination and the polka dotted background. I love the way you created those gorgeous flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous card and gift bag set! I love those flowers! Bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a cute little set! I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jen, this is so beautiful. I love the flowers and have been eyeing the set for awhile. The background is such a great touch.

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete