Friday, August 27, 2010

August Release Project Parade: Day 3


Hello!  It's Charmaine and it's my turn to share with you my project for this month's theme, Something Old, Something New!  When I was thinking about sets to pair together (one from the current release and one older set from Verve), I came up with the older set first!  LOL  Crazy, huh?  But I HAD to use the absolute first Verve set I ever owned and it was the very first Verve set ever released, Thoughtful Florals.  (Actually, this one is a "remix" of the original set, but you get the point.)  :)  I love this set as much today as the day it was released.  I love the happy sentiments that are perfect for so many occasions. 


So, I decided to pair it with Birthday Bash from this past release and create a scrapbook page.  I paper-pieced the balloons and added some Stardust Stickles to the insides of the stars.  I stamped the frame from Thoughtful Florals in four different colors that matched the patterned paper and then stamped three sentiments from that set and the last sentiment, "you amaze me" is from the Uplifting Phrases set.  I'm so glad these sets work so perfectly together!





1. Play along with us and link up your new SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creation (posted August 25th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY 1 PARADE POST before midnight on Wednesday, September 15th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.


2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

We hope you'll play along!  We LOVE to see your creations!

37 comments:

  1. Sweet! Great way to show off the stamps for scrapbooking, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet page. I love how you incorporated the stamps into this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with a scrapbook page. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness....great use of all those stamps on a scrapbook page. I sturggle with more than one stamp on a page and it is usually a background stamp!! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout! The sentiments are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charmaine, you make the greatest scrapbook pages...not only this one, but I've been following your others on your blog. I can't seem to tear myself away from cardmaking to catch up with scrapbooking...but you ARE inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This page is adorable! I love the balloons and the papers you chose. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I love this page and how you used the stamps on it. Thanks for sharing with us during the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layout. Great to see stamps used in scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are the queen of bright colours :) Darling page and picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling page of your girls!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charmaine, this is so nice! I love how you did the baloons and stars in the corner. I wish I had stamped more in my scrapbooking days, alas the cards have taken over...! TFS your delightful page.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a sweet page! I always forget that I can scrap with my stamps too. And a very sweet picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable scrap page. I love the use of the balloons and the sentiments. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how you included all of these neat sentiments on your scrapbook page. How appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yeah! this is a fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. An adorable layout - with perfectly matched stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Charmaine, this is precious...I luv that older set but it is one I don't have.....great project!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  19. So SWEET! I love the layout and those cuties are the perfect accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet LO! So happy to see stamps on a scrapbook page - I need lots of inspiration, I have not been scrapbooking lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a bright and cheerful page!!! Love the framed sentiments in different colours...too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those pieced balloons! A great fun and happy page.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a very cute pair of stamp sets you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful scrapbooking!! Definitely something special to save!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your layout--great use of multiple sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute page! Great layout and love the balloons!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great LO! Love the balloons and the sentiment bubbles! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the multiple use of sentiments that match this LO perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a very colorful page. Loved how the stamps just add to it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such an adorable page - lovely work with those older sentiments and the adorable balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That phrases set is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. this is so cheerful! full of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely combination of stamps you chose! I love the colors and the balloons are perfect. Thanks for sharing pics of your precious little girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a wonderful layout! You used the stamps perfectly! I find it hard to use stamps on layouts and you've inspired me to keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful layout! I love how you used the stamps to set off your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Charmaine-
    This is beautiful. I don't often see stamping on scrapbooking layouts...so this is beautiful...the picture, the patterned paper and the stamp. Everything works so well together.

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  37. How did I miss this one? So so cute. I love scrapbook pages even though I cannot scrap at all! Great page!

    ReplyDelete