Friday, September 3, 2010

August Release Project Parade: Day 8


Hi Verve fans, it's Amy here today with Day 8 of our current Something Old, Something New Project Parade. Our challenge this month is to use a previously released Verve stamp set with one of the new sets that was just released on August 20th. Julee's designs are far too timeless to ever get "old," but papercrafting trends do come and go, and new products and tools are coming out all the time, so this theme is giving the Divas (and you!) a fun chance to work some fresh magic on all those glorious previously released sets. Hope you'll join in the fun!


One of the things I know we all love about Verve is the fantastic assortment of sentiments. It's often the tiny sentiments that I'm drawn to the most - they're so perfect for adding sweet little whispers of affirmation to your projects. One of my favorites is "You put a song in my heart," from the September 2009 set Swan Song. I thought it would pair perfectly with the gorgeous heart image from the new Love Story. Once I got started looking through my Verve stash, I couldn't stop with just one "old" set, so I also added a flower from One Person, along with two subtle clear-embossed borders using a stamp from Grateful Elegance.


I can't wait to give this to my husband when we celebrate our seventeenth anniversary later this Fall!

Ready to mix up your old and new and play along? If you don't have the newest Verve sets - no worries, just mix an older set from your stash with a "new to you" stamp set and join the fun!

1. Play along with us and link up your new SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creation (posted August 25th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY 1 PARADE POST before midnight on Wednesday, September 15th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

41 comments:

  1. Your card is simply breath-taking! You ladies never fail to amaze me. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Congrats on 17 years. He will love this. The stamps are awesome and I love the Tim Holtz border at the top. At least I think that is what it is.

    Thank you Amy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. I love the baubles and pearls, they add such a perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing details. All that elegance. I love the scalloped circles, too...is that a new Spellbinders die set that I've somehow missed??? :o

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful little details....the more I look the more I find. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! It's like that sentiment was meant for that new set! And the flower, well, it's perfect! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeously layered and stunningly embellished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous! I just love the layers of detail. Congratulations on your anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! I love the nestie shape behind the focal image! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! Love all the elegant details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the little details - the ribbon, pearls, etc!! Such a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb!!! I can't say enough about this card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!! I love how elegant this card looks. Thanks for sharing it with us during the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning card! so elegant! great colors, ribbon and button!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful...elegant...stunning...so many fantastic details!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..what wonderful detail work on this card! It is simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply gorgeous, Amy! Love all the details and your choice of DPs. The Tim Holtz border is fabulously used and the button with the twine is a great touch. I'm sure hubby will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my this is just eye-popping beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card! Such wonderful details, from the ribbon to the lace - just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is stunning! Your cards are always amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is so beautiful!! I love all of the yummy layers and baubles!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so pretty! I agree with you, Verve has my favorite sentiments. I can always find exactly what I need. TFS your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow Amy, this is stunning...such a gorgeous card and perfect for your dh!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  24. STUNNING!!! Love the colors; so soft, subtle, elegant and blissful! Ahhh...sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, this is gorgeous. Love all the details. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just gorgeous! All the wonderful beads and such.........

    ReplyDelete
  27. OH, wow!!! Amy!!! this is just gorgeous all over!!! What a beautiful card for your anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the detail on this card! Wow. That will be a treasured gift!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is so beautiful. So much detail. You always give me inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  30. aww... Amy I ... it is breathing beautiful....
    the pearls, the stamp, what a gorgeous creations:))

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is an absolutely amazing card, Amy. It is so elegant and your details and colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such delicate colors.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow!!! This card is gorgeous, but not so overly "pretty" that your husband won't love it! Really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! What an absolutely stunning card! Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love all the details (pearls, clear embossing, button etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful card, and congratulations on so many years of happy marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amy-
    Wow.....wow!!! This is stunning and I am at a lost for words.
    Congrats on your upcoming anniversary...Your husband has to be your best fan of your work, so I know he will truely appreciate this card forever.

    I am really loving all the detail that is involved in this card...wow...Amy, truely I am lost for words, but that is a good thing. WOW.

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete