Thursday, September 2, 2010

August Release Project Parade ~ Day 7


Hi there!  It's Jackie here! I hope you're enjoying this month's Project Parade!  I am (again) totally blown away by the Diva's projects so far!  When I saw the theme for this month's parade, Something Old Something New, the "Old" (hate to call any of my Verve stamps Old) set I immediately knew I wanted to use was the first set I purchased from Verve, Fancy Florals.  I paired it with one of Verve's newest releases, Dream Big!  A match made in heaven!!  LOL!


I recently celebrated my birthday and was treated to a pedicure and lunch by one of my closest friends and was in need of a thank you card!  I started with Sweet Sunday Sketch #83 and reached for the new Cosmo Cricket Togetherness DP and got to work.  I stamped the two different outline flowers from Fancy Florals in Memento Tuxedo Black onto three different patterns.  I cut them out and attached them to the card with foam tape.  Some adhesive pearls finish them off nicely.  The sentiment and leaves are from Dream Big.  The leaves were stamped in Wild Wasabi ink and cut out.  Some machine stitching finishes it off!


Detail shot of the flowers.......

I hope I've inspired you to play along!!!  Here are the details:

1. Play along with us and link up your new SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creation (posted August 25th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY 1 PARADE POST before midnight on Wednesday, September 15th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.


2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

We hope you'll play along! We LOVE to see your creations!

36 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you put this together. The colors are lovely together, and crap, now I need that CC paper! Gorgeous.
    (Sorry about the delete above, made a wrong reference).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gorgeous paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty. I love the colours and the balance of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful mix of colour & DP, resulting in one FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty Jackie!!! Everything is perfect on this card!
    I hope you have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card. Love the papers and sketch. This was also one of the first sets I bought from Verve and I love it. I am glad you used it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Soft and lovely! Hope you had a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this card - such a gorgeous mix of papers, designs and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very cute! Love the sets that you paired and love the flowers stamped on dp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Jackie, this is GORGEOUS! You are so talented and I LOVE this card. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card! I love your combination of colors. You did a wonderful job! You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love your papers, Jackie!!! And those flowers look fabulous with the new leaf stamps and sentiment :) Just think of the stamps as dear, old friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I am once again seeing that fab CC paper, I keep seeing it. I am at the point where as soon as I saw your fab creation, my first thought was "I like those papers" and my second thought was "it must be CC" - even before I read your post :>)
    Just beautiful and a great mix of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so, so pretty Jackie! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely-very pretty color combo and flower bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those flowers are so beautiful! I love the colors! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, this is awesome, I adore the mix of patterns....gorgeous!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great mix of DPs and paper pieces flowers. Lovely card :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all your pretty papers! And the leave in the Dream Big set is a great one. Super card, combining great sets!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the layout, the flowers are fabulous, and I really love those papers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. GORGEOUS, these flower sets are calling my name. UGH and I said no more flowers. The paper is wonderful for this set too- I gotta stop looking at all these wonderful papers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh, your card is beautiful! I love those flowers, they are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love, love, love your mix of patterns on this wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such pretty colours! Love the paper pieced flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another awesome card! Love the paper and stitching!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love everything about this card! The colors, the layout, the papers and the stamps are just perfect. Thanks for sharing it with us during the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely card! great autumn colors! I love the flower stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this card. The colors are gorgeous and I love what you did with the flowers and the sentiment is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pretty card! Beautiful flowers! I love your choice of papers and colors. Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the layout and those pieced flowers with the pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your color combo, and those flowers add a really special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jackie-
    First off, Happy be-lated birthday!!! I hope you had a great day. Secondly, your friend is going to love this card...cause I do!!! The card is very subtle and soft setting...it is gorgeous.

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete