Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May Project Parade - Day 8

Hey there! Jen Tapler here with a fun Beach-y home decor item to share with you. I've had this Gallery J brand Hanging Frame Kit laying around for a few years just waiting for the perfect project idea. You know me and my love for a good Photo Keepsake! Here's a look at the finished project (which I had a SUPER hard time photographing by the way).


I used DP from the Lil' Buddy and Twitterpated Collections by Pebbles Inc and picked out a couple of my favorite photos of my son Dean at the beach last Spring to use inside 2 of the frames.


I decided to stamp inside the middle frame. I stamped the wave-y frame thing from Happy Days in a creamy orange pigment ink on cream cardstock and cut it out with my hobby knife to "frame" the Fun in the Sun sentiment from Relax.


And here's a look at the second photo I used - isn't that the cutest little Surfer Dude ever!?!?


And finally, the bottom of the kit had a smaller plaque kind of thing. I used one of my labels Nestabilities dies to create a mat for the "Dude" sentiment from, you guessed it, Dude. I also added the duo of hibiscus flowers from Happy Days, colored with Copics to match the papers used on the project.

So there you have it!! My Beach-y, Sorta Summery (although here on Maui, it's pretty much always Summer!! LOL) Home Decor Project! I can't wait to find the perfect spot for this in my son's bedroom!

As with all of our Project Parades, we’ve got prizes! There are two ways to win:

1. Play along with us and link up your new Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creation (posted May 17 or later) to the linky widget on the Day 1 parade post before midnight on June 7th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but we LOVE to see ‘em!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (May 17 ~ June 4) will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

36 comments:

  1. This is adorable Jen. Very neat idea and the colours are so fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Jen; what a treasured photo keepsake!! Dean is a doll - wait, I mean a cool surfer dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO CUTE! I just love this...what a wonderful idea for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea. Just might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling, Jen!!! Love what you have created here and the pictures of your "little dude" are adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute! I love your project!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary (Happy Now)May 26, 2010 at 9:46 AM

    This is totally cool! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an adoreable project! That would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is soooo cute! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it what a great summer project

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great keepsake project! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute keepsake! and he is just precious! ahhhh, now I want to go to the beach! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea Jen. What a great gift for the grandparents. I would keep it myself and hand it in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen, this is so sweet, your little man is adorable....great Maui, I mean summer project..lol.

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. The project parade never disappoints - another FAB project to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little dude is just precious...and the hanging frame is a super cute idea to preserve some great beach memories!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable project!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a neat project! I love the colors and your little guy is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute is that little guy!!! This photo project is so great for displaying seasonal photos. Thanks for sharing it with us during the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a super idea... with different patterned paper it would make a fantastic new baby gift. The bottom spot could be replaced with a plate featuring the baby's name. I can't wait to have someone announce a pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. He IS the cutest little surfer dude!! Great project and what a fun piece for his bedroom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous and so fun, Jen...do you ever get sick of the beach? I can't see how you could...just like I never tire of the mountains here in B.C. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey !!!
    That is gorgeous!
    Love the Chain album!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jen, this is the cutest! No, your son is the cutest!!! Super idea and you have given me some inspiration. there's a frame that I bought on the cheap..(broken thingy on the back and it won't show) and yeppers I'm gonna go 'frame' it with some stamps. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your hanging frame!! It would make a great gift!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. What perfect sets for your beach photos! I imagine you will get a ton of use from those stamps of the last release, just based on where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these

    Jen the flowers are gorgeous!!!!


    http://pearltouch.blogspot.com/2010/05/verve-summerfun.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. that little guy running in the sand - if that doesn't say summer, nothing will - so darn cute and your creation to showcase this - wow factor for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh I like this, would love to do one for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Even the backdrop in the photo is awesome! But am particularly blown away by how each piece is so unique yet they form a beautiful masterpiece. For someone like myself who rarely uses photos on my projects....this one had me looking closely to see if I could duplicates something like it myself! Adorabel.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is the cutest...love that dp too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love everything about this Jen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a wonderful project. Great papers, and photos. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete