Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May Project Parate - Day 7


Hi everyone!  It's Michelle here with a Summer Birthday project.  There is a little girl who lives down the block.  She is HAPPY, FUN, BRIGHT and a JOY to be around.  She loves COLOR and CANDY!  I made this card and candy bag ensemble for her.  Her birthday is in June and I know she will love it.

The card is made with the Happy Days set.  I stamped the circle wave in green, cut it out and popped it up on my circle panel.  I colored the hibiscus flowers with my copics in bright pinks to match the AMAZINGLY bright Cosmo Cricket DeLovely paper!  I added some tiny rhinestones and some silver cord for accents, but for the most part, I let the stamps and paper be the focus.

My tag also uses the Happy Days set.  She is always walking around with sunglasses announcing that she is COOL (she's only 5!).  I declare this stamp set was made for her!!  I decorated the tag with scraps left over from the card.  I love how just a tiny bit of paper at the bottom can make such a difference! P.S.  Aren't the Laffy Taffy candies a PERFECT match for the Cosmo papers?  Happy sigh...


Now it's your turn!!! As with all of our Project Parades, we’ve got some wonderful prizes...and there are two ways to win:

1. Play along with us and link up your new Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creation (posted May 17 or later) to the linky widget on Day One's parade post before midnight June 7th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but we LOVE to see them if you have them!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (May 17 ~ June 4) will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

We can't wait to see how you make your summer sizzle, so GO CREATE!!! :)

36 comments:

  1. Wow, the first thing I thought of when I saw the striped patterned paper was - CANDY and then I read the post and laughed. What a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Wow! Absolutely fun, bright and cheerful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, yummy project! I just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does scream summer!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It screams FUN.....and BRIGHT.....I know she will love it.....I will have to play....

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is just going to love it! So fun and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dp!!! It is perfect for the theme and what a great candy addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tag - adding those three pieces of bling on the word cool - makes the tag actually feel "cool" ... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card and the tag. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cheerful card. I love the paper too! Fabulous! Oh and I especially love the little touch of bling on the tag... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used the bright colours together. Totally summer and a great set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bright colors. A cheerful, fun, and wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had a summertime b-day! Loven these bright & bold colors! Delightful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors you chose are just perfect for summer and I love the cut-out flourish! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm soooooo in love with these colors!!!! Possibly one of my fave color combos! The card and tag are a perfect set and will DEFINITELY bring a smile to her face!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great 5 year old present! Such fun, girly and summery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! The paper is perfect, reminds me of candy.Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michelle, this is so cute, luv the tag on the goodie bag....nicely done!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI Michelle,

    I am sure the little girl down the street will ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!

    Love the colors, the card....everything is so very pretty!

    The tag that you made for the bag of candy, so PERFECT!

    ~Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy card and so bright and full of life!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love this birthday set! The colors, papers, and the stamps are so FAB. Thanks for sharing with us during the project parade.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the striped DP...pulls all the candy colors together so well! Such a fun card & gift...kids always love candy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, my!!! could you match the paper and candy any more perfectly? LOVE this idea...the *cool* tag is perfect...she's sure to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mary (Happy Now)May 26, 2010 at 9:45 AM

    LOVE these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How special this is! Bright and cheery, with candy to match! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the colors you used, they go so perfectly with the paper. The whole card and gift is great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So summery... flowers!
    Love the color

    ReplyDelete
  28. So fun!!! Love the colors and stamps! The hibiscus flowers are gorgeous!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovein' this card. I seriously saw this stamp set as masculine...but now it's so adorably cute as a girl set, thanks to you! Love it. The stripes make such a great backdrop for the focal point. Love it! As I'm sure your neighbor will, too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cool!
    Love the pretty color:))

    ReplyDelete
  31. This IS super Cool, love the bright fun colors

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love that striped paper ! Very cute project. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete