Thursday, May 27, 2010

May Project Parade - Day 9

Happy Thursday, Verve Fans! It's Shannan here, and I'm so excited to share my project for this month's Project Parade.


Summer is already in full swing here in Texas...it's supposed to be 94 degrees today! ACK! So I wanted to do something a little different to cool things off a bit. Check it out:


I bought this shadowbox/frame thingy from my local scrapbook store and thought it would make a cute little gift for a friend. After covering the back piece with patterned paper, I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Days set on vellum in black Stazon to use as an overlay. I assembled my frame, adding a mixture of glitter and Dazzling Diamond Dust tinted with a Copic marker refill. I thought the hibiscus flowers were the perfect touch. The papers are from October Afternoon's Fly a Kite collection.

Well, that's it for me today...I hope you enjoyed my project! Are you ready to get Sizzlin'? Here's what you can do:

1. Play along with us and link up your new Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creation (posted May 17 or later) to the linky widget on the Day 1 parade post before midnight on June 7th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but we LOVE to see ‘em!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (May 17 ~ June 4) will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

Have a fabulous day!

32 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Shannan. Very nice job on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see you back :D Fun shadow frame and nicely filled - I want to go to Hawaii LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty project, Shannan!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun frame!! At first I thought it was a new nesties, then a digital die cut!! LOL Gorgeous colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with ya Shannon! The heat down here is UNREAL, already! YIKES!

    This little frame is adorable, love how you did the overlay!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AMAZING..! Love the bright flower in the corner. What a wonderful gift...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I don't have any refills yet, but what a great idea for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love the frame and the colors are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. I love all that glitter sand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cute! I love the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great frame! Love that it is a shaker with the sand. Thanks for sharing it with us during the project parade.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shadow box - love the "sand" effect

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh this is gorgeous Shannan! I love the *sand* and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely frame. Great idea for my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your project! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shannan this is so cute, I luv the polka dotted dp..the inside of the frame is so shimmering and fun...great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet idea! This is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute little shadow box.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a delightful and unusual card creation - very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mary (Happy Now)May 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM

    This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! Love the shadow box look!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it!! Great to have you creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous, love that frame. I would love to try one of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how you added the diamond dust for the sparkle - so sweet! Your friend is going to LOVE it !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your shadow box/frame!! The glitter gives such a nice effect!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing card!
    Love the pasionate flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing find with awesome results. What a great idea for a gift to a friend. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so pretty. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete