Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Project Parade - Day 12

Good morning!  Laurie here, and I am bringing you Day 12 of the Project Parade!  When I first heard the theme was "Fun with Flowers", I had an idea of making a Wildflower Seed packet holder.  Well, when I checked to see what the Divas have been creating (I'm out of town and feel a little out of the "loop"), not only was I blown away with their creativity but saw that fellow Diva Amy was thinking along the same lines!  WOOHOOO!!  I have long been wanting to be on the same creative "wave-length" as her, so this was a wonderful surprise for me!! 

I used the Feel the Sun paired with some K & Co. patterned paper to decorate the front of my seed packet holder.  The wildflower quote that Julee included in the set, couldn't be more perfect for my project!!  :-)

After coloring the flower (hands down my favorite flower Julee has designed!!) with Copics, I layered it to give some added depth.  After adding a tad bit of Stickles to the center, I adhered a button with twine to the center!
The inside is where I have the seed packet.  I created a little "pocket" out of Kraft cardstock and punched a decorative border to pretty it up a bit.  :-)  To cover up the staples I used on the sides of the pocket, I added some coordinating patterned paper.

Well, that's all from me this time, but make sure to read on below to find out how you can WIN some wonderful Verve goodies!!  Hugs, Laurie

 As with all of our Project Parades, we've got prizes! There are two ways to win:


1. Link up your new Fun With Flowers creation (posted March 22nd or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on Jen's post before Midnight on April 8th. One lucky stamper will win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. Be sure to leave the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our creations using this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (March 22 ~ April 7) will win his/her choice of any Verve stamp set!

47 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love how you've included a pocket for wildflower seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card. Love the seed packet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...this is such a gorgeous card...I so love the lace and ribbon on it and the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! The colors are beautiful and the little bit of stickles is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. Thanks for the tip for covering the staples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!! The stamped flower and sentiment coordinate beautifully with the patterned paper!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very pretty Laurie. This card is absolutely lovely.l

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love that sentiment and you have framed it wonderfully and the lace is a lovely touch to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just beautiful...love the wildflower and patterned paper :) Fabulous colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colors are really beautiful and rich Laurie. I agree, this looks like a great flower to color, and the layering is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I love everything about this creation! It's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Laurie! I love the layout of your card and the sweet little surprise inside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So creative!!! Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful, love the 3-d flower and your coloring is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colours!Very pretty Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another beautiful creation, Laurie. Love the vintage look and the kraft pocket for the seeds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the cards and the flower packets!! such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so lovely. I love the seed packet idea --- it's perfect for a green thumb (which I am NOT!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous Laurie! I love the rich colors and the seed packet is great. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, very pretty! I love that you turned your project into a seed packet holder!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is cool. I made up cards with flower seed packets inside for a friend who wanted to send them out for Easter last year....happy to see this project here too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the colour combination you used on this card...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mary (Happy Now)April 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM

    LOVE IT! I don't have much of a green thumb, but this is a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this adorable seed packet holder. What a great gift idea for the green thumbs that you know! Thanks for sharing it with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahh, what a clever gift and card in one!! Gorgeous colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww, so pretty, I love the yellow in this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a sweet project.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The sunset colour scheme is absolutely gorgesous, and perfect for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, isn't this sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning! What an awesome mix of colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A lovely gift idea Laurie. Great for friends with a green thumb. xL

    ReplyDelete
  32. Laurie I just love your card!!
    Beautiful colors...love that flower too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cute! I may have to CASE your work to go with a gift for my girlfriend. She just got a new greenhouse and seeds are a timely gift for her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the colors on this card, so pretty and another wonderful seed packet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  35. this is so pretty - I love how you added the lace trim on an angle :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card and seed packet holder.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my goodness - so beautiful. Your flower is perfectly colored. I have just received this set and yet no matter how much I work with it, I'm sure nothing this gorgeous will come from my work with it! Awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh this card is just gorgeous! The lace adds so much to it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful idea! Your card has a great warm feel to it...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  40. love your card! the colors are fabulous and i love the seed packet ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! Laurie's cards never cease to amaze me! Those colors are so striking together!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, what a neat idea!! Great card...
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love all the ideas. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ya'll are amazing.... as usual! Beautiful creation, Laurie! Love the stamps, the paper... all of it!

    ReplyDelete