Wednesday, April 7, 2010

March Project Parade - Day 13


Happy Wednesday, everyone!  It's Mercy here, and I am rounding out the 13th and final day of the March 2010 Project Parade!  I have been creating cards that are more along the clean-and-simple side lately, so I wanted to continue the trend today.
I needed a card for a sweet friend of mine who has always brought a smile to my face and sunshine into my heart, so I immediately reached for the "Let It Shine" stamp set.  I love this set because not only are there several images to use to create a sun, but there are also just as many images one can use to create cool flowers.  These images were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto White Cardstock, then colored with Copic Sketch Markers.  I created the sun by layering the three similar images in the set, then used the smallest of the three as flowers.  I stamped the sentiment "little miss sunshine" in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a piece of Pumpkin Cardstock, then punch the upper edge with a Spiral Punch.  I added a border punch, and created grass by simply cutting the Wasabi Cardstock with scissors.  The stems on the flowers were stitched using my Janome Sewing Machine, and all four corners of the Kraft Cardstock panel were pierced with a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer.  I also kept the embellishments simple by punching a hole through the creating a slit in the upper right corner, running a piece of Pumpkin Striped Ribbon through it, then tied it off with a piece of Linen Thread.

That's it for me!  Be sure to read the rules below for a chance to win some amazing goodies!  Until later......

{{{Hugs}}}
Mercy

As with all of our Project Parades, we've got prizes! There are two ways to win:
1. Link up your new Fun With Flowers creation (posted March 22nd or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on Jen's post before Midnight on April 8th. One lucky stamper will win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.
2. Be sure to leave the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our creations using this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (March 22 ~ April 7) will win his/her choice of any Verve stamp set!

38 comments:

  1. love the grass detail and the stitched stems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinking cute I can hardly stand it!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these 'landscape' style cards. You did a fantastic job with the layout and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutely beautiful. Your friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and pretty! I love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very sweet and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. Thanks for the reminder to pull out my spiral punch. I like the look of it here, and that pretty orange striped ribbon is a perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite part of this card is the little bit of ribbon, but the whole thing just makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stitched stems on the flowers and your ribbon treatment. Cute card :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous colors....fabulous everything!!!! The grass is 'perfectly mowed' - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always want to do more CAS cards, and then I end up adding the "stuff". Your card is SO cute, and CAS. I especially love the orange striped ribbon detail, simple, yet adds a lot of interest. Thanks for the challenge to do more of these! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it. The ribbon in the top corner stuck on to me. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a happy little card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always so creative - I adore that sun you've layered up and your amazing stitched stems!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One beautiful flower here... how sweet and well colored:))

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is cute!! Simple but lots of detail to love!! This would brighten up anyones day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mercy, this is so very adorable....I luv it!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet little card Mercy! Love the clean look to it! Just great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that little touch of orange with the striped ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh it makes me want the warm sunshine...spring is so not wanting to come around this year. Very pretty and inspiring for better seasons to come.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is wonderful..... I made a couple flower cards today and can't wait to post them for this parade!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How sweet! Love the way the flowers pop with color. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh, Mercy!! I love the vibrant colours :) fabulous piercing as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So nice - I like the simplicity of it and that bit of ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just too sweet! So happy and bright, love the stitching and grass

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a striking card... beautiful colors and I love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a sweet little card :) i love how whimsical it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the feel of this card, Mercy! It's like a little summer scene!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great card! The colors are amazing...
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  30. So, when and how do we find out who the winners are?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really love the colors you chose for your card, and it's so sunny feeling!

    ReplyDelete