Monday, April 5, 2010

March Project Parade - Day 11

Hi Verve Fans! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I have been drooling over the yumminess that the Divas have been creating with this month's theme of "Fun With Flowers" for the Verve Project Parade that the Divas have been creating - they are simply gorgeous! This is such a fun theme because Julee really designs the coolest most unique flower imgaes that are elegant and beautiful!

I especially love the flowers in the "Feel the Sun" stamp set and I used that set to create today's project. I made this little gift set to give to one of my blogging friends who loves flowers and I wanted to share with her some of these flowers that are felt on wood that one of my friends gave me - so I thought I would create a little card for her to let her know how special she is and also create a little container to house these wooden flower accents.
Here is a close up of the card that I made: I stamped two of the big flower images and copic-fied them and then colored three of the smaller flowers and cut them out, curled them and popped them up with some dimensionls. I love this sentiment!

Here is a close up of the container both closed and opened: I created the same popped up flower accent and decorated with some liquid pearls and some ribbon).

And here is the container opened:


Project Details:
Stamps: "Feel the Sun" stamp set from Verve
Paper: Prism cardstock and handmade black paper
Ink: Tuxedo Black from Memento
Accessories: Pearls from Kaiser, liquid pearls (Adirondack "Lettuce"), ribbon from stash, Spellbinders, MS lace punch, dimensionals, copics, corner chomper and container re-purposed for this project.

I loved making this because it was made for a special friend and I loved coloring in these beautiful flowers :)

As with all of our Project Parades, we've got prizes! There are two ways to win:

1. Link up your new creation (posted March 22 or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on THIS POST before Midnight on April 8th. One lucky stamper will win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. Be sure to leave the Divas a little shout out in the comments as we parade our creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (March 22 - April 7) will win his/her choice of any Verve stamp set!

Can't wait to see your lovely creations! Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs :)))) Sankari :)

57 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I like the way you have the ribbon threaded to tie in the sun. I also love those layered flowers! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful color combination and I just love those flowers from Feel the Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous set!! Love the colors and details on the card and box!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are always so bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary (Happy Now)April 5, 2010 at 9:39 AM

    Oh, wow! SOOO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! Sankari, you always make everything with such wonderful, bright colours and details....always over the top beautiful :) I love the wildflowers and the container you covered...what cool flowers inside too. Your blogging friend is sure to love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Sankari. You have such a unique and wonderful style. I always love seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the card and the repurposed container - this makes such a nice gift! I am really liking the Feel the Sun stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really eye catching! Love the color palette and the dimensional flowers are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colour combination. I probably would have only considered it for Christmas, but it sure it lovely on this card.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW....this is sooo gorgeous...just love those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is Stunning! Wow, so many amazing details, I love everything and what a lucky recipient

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooooh, so GORGEOUS! Love the rich colors and what a COOL project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful gift set! I have been loving everyone's projects for this parade! You all rock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely beautiful!! i love the layered flowers and bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the ribbon treatment on card and way to flash some Verve flowers! Great project :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous! Love the colors, layout & creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so very pretty, I luv the black and red together, great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Exemplary project. Love the coloring of the flowers. Such a sweet gift. You are one talented lady.
    Peace. Becky Johnson
    princes729@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You are the master of color combos. I just love to look at the contrast and beautiful flowers. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool "wooden" flowers and what a great little canister for holding them. Your card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, so colorful and rich, just love it!!! What a great gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is very pretty. The card and the tin are great projects. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous gift! Love the ribbon treatment on the handle and the colors are so stunning...makes the flowers really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable! How do you keep coming up with such fantastic ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is cute and sweet:))
    I'm a huge fan of flowers... verve flower... I'm short in words... LOVE it:))

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is awesome. I love the texture in this project, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the colors you used. They are so rich and pretty. I love the ribbons on the handle of the box, too. Thanks for sharing with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card. Love the colors. Very bright.

    ReplyDelete
  30. As always Sankari, your work is stunning. I always love seeing what you come up with and I always feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a neat idea! I love te red of the flowers on the black- just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your friend is so lucky! This is beautiful, love your colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. How gorgeous Sankari. I love your creations and this is exquisite. Your colors and details are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just beautiful! Aside from the color combo (which I love), the dimensional flowers and altered tin are great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What pretty colors, never would have thought of this gorgeous combo. Love the card and box gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! Gorgeous!! Love the color combo and the layout!! :) Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love those fun felites! Such a neat gift idea.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sankari I am just loving the red black and green. Feel the sun has become one of my favourite flower sets.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I just love this- it is so elegant and a fabulous color combo. I love the entire thing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. A stunning colour combo Sankari. Love the dimension you have achieved with the flowers. xL

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love, love , love this card...love the red, green, the flowers, the lace....this is just so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the black with the bold colors Sankari... You ALWAYS ROCK all your projects... LOVE YA Girl..

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love how the red flowers just "pop" on this black background. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a pretty card - I love the dimension of the flowers and the pearl centers!

    ReplyDelete
  45. A card, a box, and wooden flower accents...you have been busy. all are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your projects always shine like a ray of sunshine =) Fabulous flower layers for that beautiful gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the tin of flowers! What an adoreable little set!

    ReplyDelete
  48. awww how pretty!!! Such a wonderful gift set and the colors are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. So bright and cheerful - love the way you colored everything!

    ReplyDelete
  50. This has a wonderful WOW factor. The richness in the color makes it so striking. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I think my jaw just hit the floor again. This is so incredibly beautiful! I love the way the green ribbon is stitched through the card in an arch. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is gorgeous! The colors are so striking...
    - April

    ReplyDelete