Friday, April 2, 2010

March Project Parade ~ Day 10

Hi Verve Fans it's Lynda and I'm here to share with you my "Fun with Flowers" project!! This was an easy theme since Verve has the most beautiful flower stamps around!

I bought the memo holder at Target on clearance for about $5 some time ago. I made this for a friends birthday. All she needs to do is to add a picture of her beautiful family and put it on her desk at work! Luckily, she likes bling as much as I do!!! LOL!!!

IMG_48341

Above is a picture of the note holder closed. The sentiment is an SU! rub on. I added some small Martha Stewart butterflies which I punched using dark pink and light blue K&Co. glitter paper. I added some small Zva rhinestones in the centers of each butterfly to tie in with the Zva rhinestone flourish. For the flowers ~ you know the blue glitter tissue paper Julee sends her stamps in??? Well, I used that and stamped the 2 flowers from the Feel the Sun set using Basic Black ink, multiple times. The top flower has both sizes layered and the bottom flower is just the smaller image. After cutting out the images, I squished them in to a ball, unraveled them and then layered them. I have a closer look at the flower further down in this post.

Here is a picture of the note holder open. The top of the box folds in to an easel to display the photo. Not only did I decorate the front but I stamped the blank memo papers inside.

IMG_48411

My friend is the head nurse for a local Hematology ~ Oncology group of Doctors so I chose the Believe in Miracles sentiment from Verve's Believe set and paired it with the smaller flower from the Feel the Sun set for some of the blank notes. I stamped some other sentiments as well which you can find further down in this post. The flower was stamped using Cool Caribbean ink which matched Julee's blue tissue paper perfectly!

IMG_48471

Here is a closer look at my fluffy flower and bling!!! You didn't think I would make something without bling did you? LOLOLOL!!!!

IMG_484611

The silver flowers in the centers of the fluffy flowers are from SU!. I then added a Basic Grey large clear rhinestone for the centers of the silver metal flowers.

IMG_48451

Here are 3 of the sentiments and flowers on more of the blank memo's. For these, I used both the Feel the Sun set as well as the Let it Shine set.

IMG_48501 IMG_48541 IMG_48521


As with all of our Project Parades, we've got prizes! There are two ways to win:

1. Link up your new creation (posted March 22 or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on THIS POST before Midnight on April 8th. One lucky stamper will win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. Be sure to leave the Divas a little shout out in the comments as we parade our creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (March 22 - April 7) will win his/her choice of any Verve stamp set!

~Lynda

54 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm sure your friend will love this memo holder. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift!! Love the tissue flowers and bling!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning Lynda...this is gorgeous and I really luv how you stamped on the sheets of paper...great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!! I have to try the tissue paper flowers...of course I've saved the tissue paper that Julee wraps her sets in!
    You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! What a gorgeous holder and papers. Your flower is the loveliest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flower, and the blue looks so striking on the black. Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Love the flowers and all that bling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Love the flowers and the stamping on the memo pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. I thing stamping the blank notes was such a special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I saved that tissue paper too, and I have this gorgeous stamp set...so guess what!!! Thank you for the inspiration! :)

    freida38801@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julee's tissue paper - BRILLIANT! Of course we've all saved it! This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have done the same thing with Julee's tissue paper :D Fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty project. I have been having fun making tissue paper flowers, and I was excited to see that pretty tissue with my last Verve order...I usually save it to wrap gifts in, but this time decided to keep it for myself to make flowers with. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way the bling and blue flowers coordinate with the black leather memo holder! It's sweet and sassy! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. What a great gift. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great tissue paper flowers! And what a great idea to stamp the memo pad!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is really beautiful! I'm sure that friend will absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome gift for a lucky friend! Love your tissue flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my... This is so lovely! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely stunning. This item is fantastic right down to all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lynda.. what a fabulous gift for your friend.. the sentiments are perfect!! Your flowers are wonderful.. I've been saving the tissue paper to make flowers someday, too..!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is SO GORGEOUS! I love those flowers...they are luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is absolutely awesome. What a lucky friend you have. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh what a great idea!!! LOVE it Lynda and I'm sure your friend will love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, my!! I love these!! The memos are fabulous as are those gorgeous blossoms :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great project, Lynda!! LOVE your tissue flowers and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is so gorgeous!! love the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. how beautiful! i love the 3-D flowers and all the bling :) your friend will just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A truly gorgeous gift! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Who knew crinkled tissue paper could be so beautiful. They are absolutely stunning. The whole project is!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely beautiful....a lot of creativity went into this project. That flower is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Incredible!
    This memo holder is stunning!!
    You did a marvelous job. She will love it. It not, please feel free to send it my way. I would smile everytime I saw it.

    jb523@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. this is gorgeous......... beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The tissue flowers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  35. How very pretty! I love how the pages of the memo holder are different! Very neat idea- she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a gorgeous frame! I love how you embellished it with the bling and flowers. The rub-on is great, too. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well done My Verve - Friend!!
    Gorgeous:))

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, wow - talk about STUNNING! Your friend is going to LOVE this! The contrast between the black, light blue and bling is soooo dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This project is such a stunner!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  40. O Mylanta, this is so amazing, I don't even know where to begin commenting! Fantastic project

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is beautiful. Love the blue flower on the black and the bling too.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is fabulous! I love all the bling and it is a wonderful gift. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What an absolutely gorgeous gift! Love the flowers and all the bling :o)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow those tissue paper flowers are stunning. xL

    ReplyDelete
  45. What gorgeous flowers and sparkle....beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. SO pretty! I love the detail of the stamped notepads

    ReplyDelete
  47. Good gravy! check out that bling! I absolutely adore this project!

    ReplyDelete
  48. How creative! You thought of everything :>) Love the flowers and how appropriate is the sentiment! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a great gift idea! I love how the blig swirls onto the photo center. That's going to look really neat! And the tissue paper flowers?! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What an awesome gift! I'm sure your friend will love it...
    - April

    ReplyDelete