Friday, March 26, 2010

March Project Parade - Day 5

Hi!  It's Charmaine and it's my day to share the project I created for this month's Project Parade, Fun With Flowers!  When I was thinking about this month's theme and trying to come up with a project.  I was drawing a real blank.  I know, flowers shouldn't be so difficult, right?  Everything I thought of, though, didn't seem to be something I hadn't already done.  Well, I've recently become a "Silhouette Junkie" (LOL) and my electronic die cut machine gave me an idea!  I've had this adorable daffodil cut file that I've been dying to use and this seemed the perfect opportunity!


I decided to create a flower tray or basket.  I used the Easter Basket tutorial on SCS and just left off the handle.  I cut two of the daffodils using my Silhouette.  Then I stamped, embossed and cut out the flowers from Feel the Sun.  I stamped the flowers numerous times on Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart and Certainly Celery cardstock.  I embossed them all with white embossing powder and cut and layered each flower using dimensionals. 


I cut some craft wire to use for the stems and attached them to the inside bottom of the box.  Then I added the green filler for grass.  I attached the flowers to the tops of the wire "stems" I made.  I made a little holder for the sentiment too.  I used the Happy Birthday Plain Jane for the sentiment on the box. 
I thought this little flower tray would make a great little birthday gift in itself, but you could also slide a gift card into it if you needed something a little extra! 

As with all of our Project Parades, we've got prizes! There are two ways to win:

1. Link up your new creation (posted March 22 or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on THIS POST before Midnight on April 8th. One lucky stamper will win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. Be sure to leave the Diva's a little shout out in the comments as we parade our creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (March 22 - April 7) will win his/her choice of any Verve stamp set!

We hope you'll play along this month!  We LOVE to see your creations! 

54 comments:

  1. Wow - what an incredible amount of work in this project. And it shows. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project - it is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my is this ever adorable...I so luv these colors together...fabulous Charmaine!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers and basket are so pretty and sweet! Love the colors!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those blooms! This entire project is wonderful, down to the tiniest details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo cute! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just loving that happy birthday font! This is a beautiful flower presentation too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute project. Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful gift - the details are just perfect on your creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzer, what a beautiful bunch of flower and thos wonderful springy colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute idea. The flowers are all so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are fabulous, Charmaine!! Love the bright, Spring colours and the "flower box" you put them in :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute little basket of flowers!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Charmie!! This is DARLING!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so beautiful; all spring-y and SO bright & cheery; love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful basket Charmaine! Love those huge daffodils! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yikes this is beautiful! You make me want to run out and get everything to make one! I don't know much about the silhouette, but I have a cricut and don't think they have any cartridges out like that! Darn! You did a wonderful job on this awesome project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is about as happy and spring like as you can get!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this!! Amazing idea and execution!! The colors just pop and I love the daffodils!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very very pretty!!! Love all the projects that have beeen shown :)

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing flowers and clever "stems". This is a gotta try!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the addition of those daffodils. This is a wonderful spring project!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMGOSH! another perfect project for inspiration! Just makes me want the sunshine more! thanks for the lovely blog too! Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty, I love the daffodils!! A gift like this can be showcased on a mantle or desk and last forever!!! A memorable gift!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG, I am loving those daffodils! I am amazed at the talent in this bunch of ladies. Thanks for sharing this adorable basket with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just beautiful! amazing! fantastic! I'm so glad i got that set.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pretty, the daffodils are too sweet. What a sweet gift this would be.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful, amazing, creative, brilliant and I like it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a great project! love the bright colors you chose too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Too cute! I love those new Verve Flowers. What an adorable flower box!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the daffodils and this whole arrangement is fun and springy!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I so love the daffodils! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. oodabug, the box is charming and I love the idea of popping a small gift inside the grass, a bracelet, earrings...girly stuff for my dtrs.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful project, Charmaine! I'm a bit of a Silhouette Junkie too. Love that title.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The way you colored is pretty:))

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow- very cute and I can only imagine how much work you put into this!! It's absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. How pretty! Those daffodils look like they could have been complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, wow! I always love to see the non-card projects during these parades and this one does NOT disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is adorable! How pretty on an entry table... very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love this Charmaine! I love the pop of color the yellow tulips provide and how the color is echoed in the other flower centers. The Hibiscus Burst paper really makes those flowers stand out, they remind me of bright pinwheels. This is just a wonderful gift to give someone.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  41. Now that's a beautiful bouquet of flowers! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful colors and those fabulous flowers really sing out "SPRING" to me!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Absolutely adorable! I love those daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love those flowers GREAT PROJECT. Thanks for sharing. Linda Harris lsunflower58@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is just delightful! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I LOVE this! A beautiful bouquet that will never wilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. You just added another reason I need a Cricut...this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is amazing!!! The colors really pop...
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  49. Holy crow Charmaine. IS this amazing or what? I'm simply stunned at the details and my eyes keep moving, checking each individual flower out.

    ReplyDelete