Thursday, March 25, 2010

March Project Parade ~ Day 4

Hi there! It's Jackie here with some more Fun With Flowers inspiration! Haven't the Diva's made some gorgeous stuff so far? When Jen presented us with this month's Project Parade theme, I was thrilled because I am a HUGE fan of Julee's flower designs as I'm sure you are! I knew it would be a cinch to come up with something creative!

I have always admired people who put together a matching gift bag with the cards they make! I tend to be a bit lazy and just make the card, but that has now changed! This was super fun and so easy to make! Once I had the design for the card, I coordinated the bag to match....that easy!


I used the new Verve set, Feel the Sun and paired it with the new Happy Birthday Plain Jane. I LOVE the font on this new Plain Jane. I also used some new goodies from Papertrey. The cardstock I used is Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf and White, the DP is the new Green Boutique. I paper pieced the flowers and embossed the Labels 10 Nestabilities with the Picnic Plaid Impression Plate (Papertrey). A little machine stitching, ribbon and adhesive gems and I called it done!


This is a close up of the gift bag. I purchased a set of ten of these Kraft gift bags on a recent trip to my local Michael's. They've been sitting here just waiting to be used! I'm sure whoever receives this will love it.....at least I hope so!!

We'd love for you to play along in the Fun With Flowers Project Parade this month! As with all of our Project Parades, we've got prizes! There are two ways to win:

1. Link up your new creation (posted March 22nd or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on this post before Midnight on April 8th. One lucky stamper will win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store

2. Be sure to leave the Diva's a little shout out in the comments section as we parade our creations using this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (March 22 ~ April 7) will win his/her choice of any Verve stamp set!

49 comments:

  1. I love the idea of coordinating the gift bag with the beautiful card. Such a personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your set. That blue is gorgeous against the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! This is the first time I've seen coordinating gift bag and card. The colour scheme is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set! I love the colors and the designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally adorable Jackie, I too luv those matching bags...the polka dots on this is sweeeet!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty. Your colors are beautiful, and I love the embossing on the nestabilites die. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is just perfect! Love that embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful vibrant colors. Love that funky flower as well.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very pretty Jackie. I love the paper piecing but also the added dimension you gave the die cut label by embossing it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable!!! Love your color choices, so spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this set! Those colors are so pretty together. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow what a great gift set! I, too, usually just make a card but how cute is this and what great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love the flowers and the colors!! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous colours!! I love the flowers stamped on patterned paper...I'm trying that next :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous set, Jackie! Love those flowers and how you used the DP for them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I love the colors and I love that plaid embossing on the white oval.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic creation! These projects are gorgeous! I love the new Hawaiian Shores paper. Makes me want to take a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful set!! Great color combo!! Love the flowers!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful gift bag and card. I like the idea of using either a scor-pal or embossing plate on a die label. Love the look of it here on your card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful set. I love the way you did the card, the long upright. I have been doing more of these and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love your card and gift bag combo! The colors are fab. I am sure anyone would be happy to receive these with a gift. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty!! Love the color and the simple design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooohhh I love the polka dotted flower!!! Soo pretty and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jackie, these are stunning! I'm so jealous you've received your new Papertrey dp already. The colors look amazing with Julee's gorgeous flower. I didn't purchase that set at the last release, but I'm seeing so much of it that I'm really regreting it! It just might be time for a little extra shopping at Verve this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yep, that is super cute! I have never really tried to coordinate gift card and bag (um, because I am lazy!). But if you say it is easy, I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful work! i love the paper piecing with these wonderful flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beautiful love the colour pallette.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Darling set! Love the polka dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. such a pretty gift set and I love the bright spring colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute gift set! I like the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Don't know why I don't think of doing this more often...love the matching bag & card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jackie, the green and blue color combo is so lovely. AI just love that card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What wonderful colors! Good job! I love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a cute idea! I love the embossing right over the stamping - unique and unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is gorgeous Jackie. I love that new impressions plaid embosser and your colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Jackie -

    This is a great card and gift bag combo. The bags alone are so expensive in the stores and in my humble opinion, not nearly as pretty as yours. I am going to have to make stop at Michaels and get some of those bags because I want to try this. I really love the way you have put together such a beautiful set.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, wow! This is so pretty! Love those colors and the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the gift bag and matching card idea! You wouldn't even have to put anything inside for me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful color combo. Great set for giving, Thanks for sharing . Linda Harris lsunflower58@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  41. what a great color combination! I always love the coordinated tag and packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gotta love all those paper pieced flowers! So pretty and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete