Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March Project Parade--Day 3

Hello and good morning!!! Amber here with Day 3 of the March Project Parade, "Fun with Flowers!" If you've been with Verve long, you know that there are TONS of beautiful flower sets that are sure to get you in the Spring mood if you're not already there;)

For my card, I decided to go with a newly released set called "Feel the Sun". I really love the flowers Julee came up with for this set, especially the big rumply one!
These flowers are really easy and fun to color, cut out, and arrange with the leaves! My card base is Vintage Cream, followed by some Sweet Blush and a piece of dp by K&Co. I layered another piece of vintage cream and stamped the sentiment (also from Feel the Sun) in Mushroom ink (Adirondack). I cut all the flowers out and layed them out until they looked right, popped them up with dimensionals and added some buttons and glitter!

I wish I could have captured how sparkly this card is IRL. The Sweet Blush panel (stamped with the polkas from Bountiful Backgrounds) was spritzed with Cookie Glimmer Mist and it's really sparkly! I shot it with my heat gun to shorten the drying time, but it really doesn't take long w/out the heat either.

So what have you thought about the projects so far? Wicked awesome, right? Well there are TONS more ideas coming your way throughout the week and into next week! We'd love for you to play along with us in our Fun with Flowers Project Parade this month as well!
As with all of our Project Parades, we've got prizes! There are two ways to win:

1. Link up your new creation (posted March 22 or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on Jen's Post before Midnight on April 8th
2. One lucky stamper will win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.
3. Be sure to leave the Diva's a little shout out in the comments as we parade our creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (March 22 - April 7) will win his/her choice of any Verve stamp set!

50 comments:

  1. Oh I love those flowers...fantastic display of them...the buttons are a perfect finishing touch...gorgeous ribbon also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! Love all the details! This stamp set looks really fun and versatile!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. amber...this is spectacular, sweetie! love this color combo, your layered flowers, and the touch of sparkle! awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, is this gorgeous or what??? I love those flowers. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! I see a theme here along with the flowers - bountiful backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Love your colors and the flowers turned out wonderful. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are gorgeous! Love the colors you chose as well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Amber! So soft and springy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how pretty Amber! I like how you used the buttons for the flower centers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amber - this is absolutely darling (and I'm usually not a fan of those pastel-y colors)!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Amber!! Love the colours and those flowers are fabulous! Love the sparkle on them and the button in the middle. Big scallops are a great touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card... the colour scheme is so pretty and I appreciate all the little details... glitter, stitching, tiny string on the buttons, dimension, etc. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the glitter flowers and that ribbon is yummy!! This is my favourite set at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, Amber!! Love the flowers and the added glimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amber, this is gorgeous...wow...I luv all the sparkle!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is stunning and the glittering flowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just BEAUTIFUL!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous flowers and wonderful blend of colors!! Buttons and sparkle are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card - the colors and flowers - I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amber- ah, breathe..... those flowers are just gorgeous! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful! The more I see this set the more I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just gorgeous! Love the colors and the layout! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty Amber! I wish I could see all the sparkle in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Amber...this is drop dead gorgeous!! Love your colors, the added sparkle and that luscious ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful!! I am planning to use the same colors on my Mother's Day cards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. *thud* Amber! This is gorgeous!! Love the little touches of glitter on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful card. It reminds me of spring and easter! Love the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty! Soft with sparkle, a great combination. Love all those fussy cut flowers, and what a perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ok. The more I see the flowers, the more I MUST HAVE this set! Your card is jaw-dropingly stunning, Amber! WOW! LOVE the glitter and button on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a lovely card - the glittery flowers are awesome, and i love the ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. So, so pretty! Love the touches of glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card!!!! Love it :)

    Thank you for sharing :)
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amber this is gorgeous! Love the colors, the sparkle and the buttons. Fabulous card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow, so soft pretty and sparkly- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is gorgeous! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amber, you put it right...wicked awesome! I am eye balling that ribbon you used and did you spray it a wee bit? Luscious!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a beautiful card! Aside from the color combo (which I love), the layout of the card is so feminine and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft colors and those flowers are super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Amber -

    I love your color choices on this piece. Lately I am so into the ping and green combo, Spring fever I guess - LOL! It has a kinda of shabby chic vibe and I love the glitter.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is so beautiful, love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ohhh, love the colors and the flower stamp is just gorgeous...really like the polka dot background too. Beautiful-so-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just love this flower. Need to get it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous card. I love buttons they add so much. Thanks for sharing. Linda Harris lsunflower58@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, this is AMAZING! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is so pretty! I love the glitter on the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  47. So pretty, those flowers are great with the button and just a touch of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is really pretty...so soft. Love it!
    - April

    ReplyDelete