Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tags, Tins & Treats ~ Day 8

Hello all you Verve fans, Lynda here! I hope you have been enjoying all the beautiful projects so far, I sure have!!

When Julee showed us the inspiration piece for this challenge, found HERE, we all chatted about our wonderful memories of our grandparents and candy dishes! My Granny didn't have a pretty, delicate dish like the picture shows. My Granny had a leaf dish that matched her YELLOW/GOLD kitchen but more importantly, she would ALWAYS have it stocked with miniature chocolates, including my FAVORITE ~ Almond Joy!!! We didn't have candy like this at home, except for Halloween time so it was always a treat to go to Granny's house!!

For my project today, I did not replicate my Granny's leaf dish! LOLOL!!! I went with a pretty, soft Valentine theme.


I decorated a heart, paper mache box that I bought at Joann's for $1 and a matching vellum card. For the box, I first painted it with Antique White acrylic paint and once it dried I added the COOLEST Tattered Rose Distress Crackle Paint by Ranger. I did the same steps on the sides of the lid and the Maya Road chipboard hearts. The decorative paper and cut out butterflies are from Webster's Pages. Both sentiments are from Verve's new release, Celebrating You.

Here is a picture of the card ~


The wings are also from Maya Road and were also painted with the Antique White paint but instead of adding the crackle paint, I added clear Martha Stewart glitter. The heart card was cut from vellum cardstock using the largest heart Spellbinders die. The sentiment was stamped on the same DP using Chocolate Chip ink and then punched using my small oval punch.

Here is a picture of the box ~

I added some off white lace around the sides of the lid and on top, I added some white tulle, Zva rhinestones and some Zva pearls. The sentiment on the box was punched using my large oval punch. Here is a closer look at some of the detail on the top of the box ~

So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your Tags, Tins & Treats! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;)

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your NEW creation (posted Jan. 25 or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on THIS post before midnight MST on Monday, February 15. One lucky stamper will win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve Store.
And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Jan 25 - Feb 14) will win their choice of any Verve set.

50 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW!! Wow, Wow, WOW!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, but this is BEAUTIFUL!! Soft, delicate, stunning -- awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GASP!!! OMGOSH Lynda, this is incredibly gorgeous! WOW!!! I LOVE everything you did here! LOVE the colors, pearls...the stamps are soooo neat too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda this is adorable, so feminine
    The Verve "Celebrating You" is something I may need to get. I love all the little frillies on this. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so soft and elegant, Lynda!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and box. Love the wings and rhinestone flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite beautiful - love that ethereal quality - fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm usually not a fan of frillie and soft, but this is such a sweet little box and card. Almost angelic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! love the little box with butterflies and bling!! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty and soft in color! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This project is so delicate and airy.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynda!!!
    THAT is Totallt Perfect!
    The color, the heart the pearls... LLove it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty and elegant! Love all the embellishments!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that is amazing...gorgeous...beautiful!!!
    Pattyjo

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW; incredibly gorgeous; love all the details and the crackle paint just makes it look so elegant. Love all the pearls, rhinestones & glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo, Lynda! So soft and pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH WOW!!!! This is my FAVE from the projects shown this week...Amazing! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lunda,

    this is sooo gorgeous girl, I luv the softness of it....I have that paint and have not used it...I am going to get it out....great project!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is AMAZING! I love the vellum card! Seriously cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is seriously amazing. Love the vellum card. Too fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card and box!! Delicate, soft, and pretty!! Perfect for Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just the sweetest...! So delicate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Lynda! This is one soft, elegant box! Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very beautiful! I love the softness the vellum adds!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, how gorgeous! I love how soft and feminine it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh how soft and pretty. What creativity. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So lovely!! Your daughter will most certainly treasure this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Is this not beautiful or what, the tule and the crackled heart, great job with all your textures. I love it...........

    ReplyDelete
  30. So many beautiful things being made on this Parade~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the colors - so soft and pretty! A perfect gift!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow -- this one leaves me speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is really beautiful. Love everything about it. TFS
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  34. So soft and pretty! These boxes are so fun to alter. I also like your vellum card; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is beautiful and would be perfect for my granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lynda, I just sighed when I saw this!! I LOVE the vellum card!! And the box is simply stunning! Pure gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMGoodness is that adorable! I love pink so this is really up my alley!!! Beautiful work!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  38. wowsers--amazingly beautiful!! love all the bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh, what a beautiful and delicate tag. It goes so perfectly with the box. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is so soft and pretty. I love the angel wings!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous, love these soft colors and that Tulle is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a beautiful project! I love the wings and the texture on the heart.

    ReplyDelete