Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tags, Tins and Treats - Day 7

Hey there! Jen Tapler here with my take on the Tags, Tins and Treats Project Parade. So what do you think of the Divas' creations so far? Pretty amazing, huh? If you've been paying attention to my holiday creations for these Project Parades over the past year+, you may have noticed it's kind of "my thing" to do some sort of keepsake mini album for my son, Dean, who is now a little over 3 yrs old. Well, with this parade so close to Valentine's Day and these FABULOUS new love-themed stamps calling my name - I couldn't resist the temptation to create another very special keepsake gift set for my little man. But don't worry, I think I still managed to stick with the theme of the Project Parade by packaging the album inside a TIN and attaching a cute little gift TAG!! LOL!
I used about a gazillion Verve stamps on this project, so I'll try to give you the Cliff Notes version of what I did instead of the novel!! All of the papers I used on this project are printed digital papers from the Kitschy Sweet digi kit by Traci Reed and Scrapkitchen Designs (Sweet Shoppe). I started out by altering a Maya Road Coffee Break Tin with papers, pom pom trim and lots of fun ribbon. Next, I altered a single "page" from a Maya Road chipboard Luggage Tag Album, using it as a gift tag attached to the handle of the tin. I stamped the "be mine" sentiment from Heart's Desire directly onto the tag, then stamped the "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment onto a printed digi embellishment. I stamped the small individual hearts from Thankful Accents. The larger heart is also from Heart's Desire.
Finally, the keepsake mini album is a Maya Road Coffee Break book. I designed the pages digitally in Photoshop, then printed them on double-sided matte presentation paper. I used Mod Podge to glue them to the book, then started stamping!! The cover of the album features the Be Mine Plain Jane and a trio of buttons.
I kept the inside pages very very simple, wanting the focus to be on the sentiments of love and the photos. I used a different sentiment on each left-hand page with a black-and-white photo on each facing page. I chose sentiments from Celebrating You, Love Monkey, Thankful Accents and Accent Notes - stamping each on a printed digital scalloped circle embellishment and adding the same trio of stamped individual hearts from Thankful Accents. I am so pleased with how this album turned out and hope it isn't too girly for a special keepsake for a 3-yr-old boy!!
You should be able to click on the photo above to see a closer view of the individual pages. But here's a detail shot of one of the pages just in case:
And the best part? The little mini album fits perfectly right inside the tin!! Pretty cool, huh? I just love that my son is going to have a collection of little {Verve-y} keepsake albums from his childhood!

So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your Tags, Tins & Treats! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;)

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your NEW creation (posted Jan. 25 or later) to the Mr. Linky widget in Julee's post HERE before midnight MST on Monday, February 15. One lucky stamper will win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Jan 25 - Feb 14) will win their choice of any Verve set.

43 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I love all the elements, especially the little album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Dean will treasure all these albums one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS, Jen! Love the tag & tin for the keepsake mini album (which of course, is FAB, too)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You are a mini book inspiration! SUCH a great idea (one of these days)... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are awesome. I love the little mini album. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little memory books, Jen...it would be fun to see them all lined up in a row!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids love looking at their baby pictures and I'm sure you son will adore these books as he gets older (as will his girlfriends LOL!). Great project set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing idea. I absolutely love the keepsake album. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute jen!! love the mix of verve stamps and the digi paper, such a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO Wonderful! Simple yet beautiful album and the way you decorated the tin is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your project!!! So cute and sweet!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just adorable! I love the trim on the tin... so cute. He will love this for years to come. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you have done here! Your mini albums are always soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome Jen! You do the best albums! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors in these! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love ... can I say this in 3-d!!! I L O V E this album:))
    So amazing... what we can do. Thanks for the inspiration:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love ... can I say this in 3-d!!! I L O V E this album:))
    So amazing... what we can do. Thanks for the inspiration:))

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just an adorable display. I love the colors used and all that you have done here. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, how cute is this?? What wonderful colors and what a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute! Love your mini album, and the tag & tin coordinate beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jen this is so adorable, I just adore your little albums, I need to do this more.....thanks for the inspiration....very sweet!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh how cute! What a wonderful keepsake for your son! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great keepsake and yes, one day Dean will proudly show his albums to his girlfriends...then his kids...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow those are nice projects. I really like the little photo album. One of these days I need to try one myself.
    Beautiful, soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore your little scrap books that you create. Not only are they stunning, but it always gets my wheels turning for my little one.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  26. your son will love this until he is 7...then he will love it again when he is 28. a true keepsake that he can share with anyone. who doesn't like to be reminded of childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG... love that little tin with the pom poms!! The colors are great and your little one will have something to cherish!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the little album. And the tin is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice set! I think it's a great that you make these mini books for your son; a great memoir for him to reminisce!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey jen- this is such a wonderful project. I can always count on you to give me the scrapbook bug/push. Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fabulous album!!! Really quite a stand out project :o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute...love the album and the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the colors you used, and what a treasure for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  34. goergeous--love the little pom pom trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great little album! It would make a great "Grandma" gift. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the gorgeously simple layout of the book pages, it's so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am always a fan of anything Jen Tapler creates and this is no exception. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your altered art is inspirational Jen!

    Happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete