Monday, November 16, 2009

Home For the Holidays - Day 6

Hi there! It's Charmaine! I hope you've been enjoying this month's Project Parade. I know I have. I love all these ideas I'm getting for inexpensive gifts and decor for the holidays!

When I was thinking about this month's theme, I decided to go with something that I haven't done in about 6 years. . .make tree ornaments! I have a bunch of these glass ornaments that I've had since the last time I made these type of ornaments. I don't remember exactly how much they cost, but I know they weren't very expensive.

What I did was stamp the tree image from O Christmas Tree in Olive StazOn ink on a window sheet. I stamped the sentiment in Jet Black StazOn. I die cut the window sheet into a circle that is as wide as the ornament. (it's important that the circle is as wide as the ornament and touches the sides or else it won't stay in place) I added some Christmas Red Stickles to the tree for decoration as well as a star brad. While I let the Stickles dry, I put some Polar White Flower Soft into the ornament. I used the Flower Soft because that is what I had on hand, but I've seen some wonderful "glitter snow" in craft stores that would work just as well. Once the Stickles were dry, I rolled the window sheet up so that it would fit into the ornament. After it fits through the opening, it will open up inside. I used some tweezers to straighen it out. Finally, I tied the ribbon onto the ornament and made a pretty bow. How pretty will these look hanging on a Christmas tree?

So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your homemade goodies for the upcoming giving season! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;)

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!To enter, just link up your Home for the Holidays creation to the Mr. Linky widget on THIS post before midnight MST on Thursday, November 26. One lucky stamper will win a $30 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Nov 11 - 25) will win their choice of any Verve set.

Can't wait to see what you create!

47 comments:

  1. wow, I am not sure I could get it in there without messing it all up, it looks perfect...these are gorgeous and would make any tree a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... this is sooo pretty! I am making these too with a different image but now I see this image and I think... that's perfect!!! Love your ornament!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charmain- I was thinking I need to do some of these- these are wonderful and fairly simple to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning ornament!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely amazing! How perfect does the snow look too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eck! That is sooo cute. I've gotta go find me some ornaments so I can make myself a beautiful, Verve xmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love homemade Christmas ornaments! Thanks!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous work, Charmaine :D What a lovely ornament for your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so pretty...and "doable"!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is too cute! I'm so impressed with this ornament...it's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sooo beautiful! i LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it. Thanks for the hints on how to keep it in there without moving. I too have bought some glass ornaments to make some of my own to decorate and give away this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dimensional snow added to the image...great ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh I love clear ornaments!! This is so wonderful...a treasure for any tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my how cute! I have this set on its way, Im so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, how incredible! It is like a ship in a bottle. I've never seen this before. Very pretty; thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How beautiful! I can just see this on an all-white, flocked tree with all-white decorations and lights - ooooh! Now I need to get out our Christmas tree! =D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh Charmaine, this is BEAUTIFUL! I have never been able to make one of those ornaments, I could never seem to get the insert to go where I want it to!!! LOL!!! I will have to try again because this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wowsers--that took some patiences!! getting anything down in those ornaments can be a challenge but you made a beauty here!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your ornament! Fabulous :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great ornamen- you're right , it would make a wonderful gift...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just lovely. So delicate and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, how darn cute is that? I could see making these as gifts...if I only had more Stazon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the tip on placing inside...love the idea!! What a great homemade ornament gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, what a great ornament. Just a piece of acetate rolled up - who'd a guessed! You are so creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute! What a great idea to stamp in colour stazon. Such a pretty tree!

    Melisa Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is beautiful. I have some clear ornaments and will have to try one of these.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, these are just beautiful. I love the addition of the flower soft too. Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ahhh, who wouldn't want to hang this on their tree year after year...just lovely in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a beautiful ornament. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG - what a gorgeous ornament!! I may have to try this for gifts next year...I'm already halfway done for this years presents!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just love this! You make it look so easy, but I'm guessing it wasn't very easy get everything inside that ornament in just the right position! It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow. This looks fabulous! I wonder if I have the time to give this one a try?

    ReplyDelete
  36. like this idea. must give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very nice! I like the flower soft embellishment. I've always wanted to try to this project but I don't because I know the ornament will get broken, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I LOVE decorated ornaments - this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete