Sunday, November 15, 2009

Home For The Holidays ~ Day 5!

Happy Sunday! Hope your weekend has been great and that you have enjoyed all the awesome Holiday ideas the Diva's have been showing you so far! Today is my turn, Lynda, to share with you what I made using the Home for the Holidays Project Parade theme.

My project to share with you today is a Cupcake/Treat stand. This was actually VERY easy to make and REALLY inexpensive as well! Here is the BEFORE picture ~

Here is an AFTER picture!!! LOL!!!


The most expensive part of this entire project was probably the white "dingle balls"!! LOL!!! The only other products I had to purchase was the 6" and 8" corrugated circles and My Minds Eye Colorful Christmas Collection. My first step was to cover the corrugated circles and I did this by rubbing a glue stick generously all over the circle and then adhering the decorative paper. After this was dry, I cut off the excess paper. I then used Elmer's glue to adhere the dingle balls.

I used the Christmas in the Air stamp set. I LOVE that set! It is SO versatile. I cut circles of wax paper for the treats to sit on so the paper wouldn't get ruined. Here is a picture of the top cupcake holder ~

I stamped the snowflakes, again, from the Christmas in the Air set, using Basic Black ink and then colored using my Celery, Razleberry, Tangerine and Baja Breeze ink pads and a blender pen. I added Stardust Stickles to the centers of all the snowflakes as well as around the top scallop Razleberry piece.

Here are pictures of each side of the base of the second layer. The snowmen are from the decorative paper. I cut them out and mounted them using dimensionals. Aren't they PERFECT with the trees??? Also, I used a bunch of the different patterns which are included in the Colorful Christmas Collection for the trees which, I might add, are from the Christmas in the Air set ~ see what you think!!!








I will have all the steps and dimensions on my blog if you are interested!

So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your homemade goodies for the upcoming giving season! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;)

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your Home for the Holidays creation to the Mr. Linky widget on THIS post before midnight MST on Thursday, November 26. One lucky stamper will win a $30 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Nov 11 - 25) will win their choice of any Verve set.

42 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I do not have a cupcake stand and love the idea of being able to make my own that will completely match the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! What a great idea!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a creative idea...and adorable too, can't wait to read the instructions...fun project!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, WOW! I love this. I am going to your blog right now. I do cupcakes every year for my son's birthday instead of cake since there are so many little people who cupcakes work better for, and I just don't want to shell out and buy the cupcake towers! I love you decorated to! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable! A great idea - you divas really inspire the rest of us:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea! Oooh, and those cupcakes look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is toooooo cute! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome! I wonder if I could make one strong enough for a cake....?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Lynda! This is so cute and oh so yummy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your project very cute. almost to good to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my! this is the SWEETEST cupcake stand EVER - you're so clever-TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG is this the yummiest project........ what a great idea, you girls are so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too cute, and not having a stand at all, this is just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally darling cards and project!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a creative idea and so easy to personalize for the occasion!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute. I love your paper pieced trees and those snowmen...adorable. I really like the pop-pom trim around the project too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awaaaaaa, how adorable, clever, creative & inspirational! I forgot yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I have to say that is a first for me! But I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute is this!!! What a great idea! You make it sound so easy! My Grandkids would love this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable snowman cupcake holder.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute and fun! I might have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh that is sooo cute. I've been looking to buy a cupckae stand, but the hubs is always like why do you need one? But now I wont have to buy one. Such an awesome idea...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda, this is just adorable! What a fun project, and I love the cute little snowmen all cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful project! This is so nice for holiday parties; it is a beautiful focal point to the refreshment table. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. yummy!! what a great way to display treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this cupcake stand, what a FUN idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have to tell ya... I would never have thought of this but, what a wonderful idea and can be done for lots of holidays!!! As well, not that expensive or difficult, although I am sure it took some time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So adorable! And I love the "after" picture the best. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Lynda, this is 'over the top' cute! I love it and can't wait to make one for our Christmas dinner. Absolutely genious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Lynn...this is just stunning, stunning, stunning! Love it and must try to make one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Omygosh, this is such a clever idea. fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an awesome idea - so cute!! Love all the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cute way to display your goodies! Love the pom pom fringe...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  34. now this is awesome! I can see using this project for other occasions as well! Showers - birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  35. must make some cards like this for the little kids in the family

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great project! This can be tailored to so many themes!

    ReplyDelete