Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Encouraging Words ~ Day 9

Hello Verve Fans!!! I hope you have been enjoying all the awesome creations by the Diva's so far!!! I sure have! Today is day 9 of our "Encouraging Words" project parade. It is no secret that Julee is the QUEEN of beautiful sentiments so since I had the beautiful Swan Song set out on my desk I thought it would be perfect for this theme! I went a different route than I have before for past project parades and made something very SIMPLE!!! LOL!!!

I chose the colors Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand and Whisper White for a soft, simple feel. The top of the Sahara Sand panel was embossed using my textile (I think) embossing folder and punched the bottom with my Martha Stewart Doily punch. Of course, I had to add some pink Heidi Swapp rhinestones. The swan was stamped on Whisper White CS and then cut out using my circle Nesties. I then stamped the entire sentiment on a piece of Pink Pirouette CS and cut it out using my rectangle Nesties. I stamped just a portion of the sentiment on the top of the circle and then lined it up with my rectangle sentiment and adhered them together. I did stamp the swan a second time, cut it out, colored it using my Copics and then added white flock with a little glitter over the entire swan. The final step was to add my Heidi Swapp pink bling circle and white May Arts ribbon.

Here is a closer look at the BEAUTIFUL swan ~

On the inside, I added another beautiful sentiment from Verve's Thankful Blossoms set. The sentiment I chose from the set says ~ "Your thoughtfulness touched my heart".

So what do you think? I know you have enjoyed the fabulous work that the other Divas have been sharing during our Project Parade, but now it's your turn! Create a card/project that is focused on encouraging words, and link up your creation to the Mr. Linky widget on the DAY 1 POST before midnight MST on Sunday, October 18. As with all of our project parades, we've got prizes! One lucky project parade participant will win a $35 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Be sure to show some love for the Divas each day (Oct.5-17) for another chance to win, because ONE lucky commenter will also win their choice of any Verve set. We can't wait to see your creations...Happy Stamping!

43 comments:

  1. How can I be the first to comment on such a nice card?!?! :) Love the swan and the embossing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely and elegant! I love its simplicity. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Love the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! The way you did the sentiment on both panels is such a *cool* idea. I just love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Stunning Lynda!! I love the white and pink and craft - simply elegant - love the way you did the sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This swan is so beautiful and I love how the sentiment is on two layers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This swan is so beautiful and I love how the sentiment is on two layers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the colours on this card and this sentiment is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful! Love the way you embossed the top part of the panel with the Textile folder and left the bottom. Great use of the sentiment and how you stamped it on both parts. Lovely sparkles on the swan too. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an elegant card....the swan is so beautiful and I love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME!!! Love the color and the sparkle on the swan! Great job!!

    Shelly :)
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love this sentiment. The image you chose works perfectly for an encouraging words project.

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  13. lynda...this is stunning! love tha tcolor combo {and may steal it for a later date! LOL}, and your swan is da BOMB, chica! amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elegant card! I like how you stamped the sentiment onto the circle; it adds a nice sense of continuity. Love the sparkle of the swan; tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Love the soft elegance of this card! Fabulous creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful!!! Love the color combination you used and am tucking it away for personal use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! I love how you stamped the sentiment over 2 pieces of paper. I never thought of that...I always just limit myself to stamping one image/sentiment on one piece of paper. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lynda, this is stunning, your stamping is perfect, great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great bling and shimmer.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful. I love the way you stamped the sentiment over 2 layers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous, simply gorgeous. I love the softness of the colors that you put together. They work marvelously with your image.

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous! the gems are THE perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful!!
    I love the colors too.
    I just bought that same Cuttlebug embossing folder but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that swan - I need to get this set. Your card is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply gorgeous!! Love your colors, your different way to showcase the sentiment and the texture/layering of the swans! Beautiful...inside and out!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a really beautiful and elegant card. Your work really inspires me to try some of these techniques!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so gorgeous! I love the soft colors and the swan is lovely. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. MelodyGal (LorieM)October 14, 2009 at 4:21 PM

    What a beauty! The color combination is gorgeous. You did an awesome job.

    I never thought to combine pink with Sahara Sand. I think it's my new favorite combo.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So elegant and gorgeous. Love the color choices =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful! I LOVE the overstamped quote!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Simply beautiful - wonderful texture and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE the overlapped sentiment layers. Thanks for explaining how you did it - I would have tried to stamp them over the two panels, and I know that won't work very well. ;-)

    Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a pretty card! That swan is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is simply gorgeous! I love it. Love that shimmer on the swan.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It will be hard for me to sway from pink and grey but your use of sand might just top me over, this is a gorgous creation, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  36. absolutely the perfect amount of bling! love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the colors here and the way you did the focal image and sentiment. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete