Monday, October 12, 2009

Encouraging Words : Day 8

Happy Monday, everyone...and welcome to Day 8 of our "Encouraging Words" Project Parade! The title of this month's theme set my mind into motion, and the first thought I had was to create something that could be seen and used each and every day. I wanted it to be both encouraging and colorful...so here is what I came up with:

I created a door hanger and coordinating card for a friend of mine that has been having quite a rough time lately. This was made for her to hang on her front door, so she would see it each time she left her house. I used the new "Happiness Found" stamp set from the September Release to create this focal panel. Julee always has such a knack for designing stamps that are not only fun and elegant, but that are also inspirational and versatile. I love the size of this sentiment, and this gorgeous set can also be utilized to make cards for both men and women at any time of the year.

For the 3X3 coordinating card, I decided to use the "Wishing You" set to decorate both the inside and the outside of the card...which is something that I seldom do! The "wishing you" is one stamp, and it has a number of coordinating phrases to complete the thought you wish to convey. Here's a look at the outside...

...and here's a look at the inside utilizing one of the complimentary sentiments:
So what do you think? I know you have enjoyed the fabulous work that the other Divas have been sharing during our Project Parade, but now it's your turn! Create a card/project that is focused on encouraging words, and link up your creation to the Mr. Linky widget on the DAY 1 POST before midnight MST on Sunday, October 18. As with all of our project parades, we've got prizes! One lucky project parade participant will win a $35 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Be sure to show some love for the Divas each day (Oct.5-17) for another chance to win, because ONE lucky commenter will also win their choice of any Verve set. We can't wait to see your creations...Happy Stamping!

39 comments:

  1. oh Mercy, this is gorgeous and it's a super idea to bring cheer to your friend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun set and vivid colors.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, the inside is as gorgeous as the outside! The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and elegant! Great colors for this time of year! Thanks for the inspiration.

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mercy ~ WOWZA~ Love looking at your work. The inside is just as gorgeous as the out! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project -- LOVE that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, Mercy! It definitely will perk up your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I'm certain that it will brighten her day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mercy, I love the colors you used here. The door hanger is beautiful! Great idea for a wonderful holiday gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors, they bring instant cheer to me. I hope they lift your friends spirits. Great job!!!

    Shelly :)
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. I love the way you chose the paper for the outside of the card so it's symmetrical. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set, Mercy. Love how you did the inside. I'm sure your friend will appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet pick-me-up for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful colors! I seldom decorate the inside of my cards, but what a great way to give an extra little kick to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty project and card. I love the dp too. The color combo is awesome. And I'm not really a fan of orange but it just goes so well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully done! Your extra rhinestones add great detail! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty. I love that Basic Grey paper and the bright colors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful!!! i am loving that DP :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful set!! Wow - I love the paper -- such pretty projects!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Door hangers...I never think of them but they sure do make cute projects. I'll have to make a note of it in my projects list.

    Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I love the colours, Mercy and the nestabilities...isn't Julee so clever to make her stamps fit so well in the shapes? Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful idea - your friend will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always forget to think about the inside...love what you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely LOVE this!!! The colors are perfect and the happiness sentiment is SO true! It is a nice reminder every once in a while. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mercy me!! THis is gorgeous!!! WOWOW!!! I LOVE this project! Simply beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful thought creating this for an encouraging words project.

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's just a beautiful card! I love the paper and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet idea to add words of encouragement to a door hanger!! Love your project, Mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome color combination. I like the DP too. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW, this project is super & cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful project. I'd love to hang that on my door.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is beautiful, and I love this stamp- glad I have it and hope to pull it out and join you all.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very pretty (and cheery!) I love the pattern paper. Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great use of black with your set, I love this sentiment and what a better place to display it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. beautiful set! love those colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is just gorgeous! Love the dp and such a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete